Food! [The thread that started this section]

Shawn, why do you critisize people's posts. If you havn't got anything better to say, don't say it. I could get 5000 or so posts If I were to moan 24/7. I know some people post may be one word etc, but there's no need to do what you do. The members only got 3 posts so far and already he's getting abuse from you. All you are doing is making people stay far away from the forum.

Sorry to be moaning :lol:

Last edited:
Ok then, It is now edited, come on though give people a break :lol:

Last edited:
Shawn, why do you critisize people's posts. If you havn't got anything better to say, don't say it. I could get 5000 or so posts If I were to moan 24/7. I know some people post may be one word etc, but there's no need to do what you do. The members only got 3 posts so far and already he's getting abuse from you. All you are doing is making people stay far away from the forum.

Sorry to be moaning :lol:
He's doing what any of the regulars would do. Spam posts are not tolerated here. Doesn't matter if the person has 3 posts or 4000 posts. Users of the forums need to know what the regular users of the forum, the moderators and the admins expect from someone using the forum. This includes no spamming, no multiple-posting, no "certain number of posts" celebration threads, etc. The rules are very strict and they do weed out a lot of people from becoming regulars on the forum. But they also make it one of the highest quality forums I've ever seen. There's no idiots here, no trolls, no bigots ... well, you get the idea.

And I hope I speak for everyone here when I say that we're not concerned wih how many posters there are on the forum, but rather how many quality posters. If people don't agree with that, they can leave at any time.

Ok then, It is know edited, come on though give people a break :lol:

We're also, on occasion, quite strict about bad spelling, grammar or punctuation. Please, start using good writing practices.

EDIT:
To make it clear, though, we know that we're really picky and maybe sometimes absurd. But that doesn't mean that anyone just packs up and leaves or is banned for every little thing they do. Those who try and maybe try hard to do it right remain. I can give you a few examples of members who we have been hard on at first (sometimes maybe even unjustly) for the little things they post, but who have corrected themselves and are today considered good standing members of this on-line community. And, although we don't say it enough, we're proud of them.

Last edited:
Egg sandwich (sliced hard-boiled eggs with mayonnaise, salt, and pepper) with some organic potato chips (kettle style).

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/02/12/eggz.jpg

My new phone doesn't take very good photos, so I apologize for the quality.

I'm thinking of making myself a tripple fried egg chutney sandwich with chili sauce, but i need to find chutney first... WTF is chutney???

Chutney is like Indian relish, made from anything from mint to mango. It's like a paste they eat with pretty much everything, and it's usually sweet and hot.

Not sure how easy it is to make at home, but over here all the supermarkets sell chutney.

I'm thinking of making myself a tripple fried egg chutney sandwich with chili sauce, but i need to find chutney first... WTF is chutney???

Ther are other non Indian style chutneys. Hang on. ...

Try these:

[SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]Spicy gooseberry & fresh coriander chutney ?2.75[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] Gamekeepers spicy orange chutney ?2.75[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] Hot mango chutney ?2.75[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] Apricot & stem ginger chutney ?2.75[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] Onion marmalade ?2.75[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] Mango & ginger with toasted cumin chutney ?2.75[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] Tomato & apple chutney ?2.75[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] Lemon curd ?2.75[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] Strawberry jam ?2.75 [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] Cherry & vintage port jam ?2.75[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] Orange & whisky marmalade ?2.75

Nothing Indian about them (well OK there is - we like Indian style food a lot!)
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1].
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

Last edited:
^ What's un-Indian about them? Chutney is an Indian condiment, even if other countries have developed their own variations.

Also, strawberry jam qualifies as chutney? :?

:lol:

No worries, I just started my day but it seems you're at the end of yours.

Sorry I made a correction before your post - well I like strawberry Jam - and it is a preservative after all.

I like lemon curd - and if not a chutney what is it? OK OK I surrender! Well I Like food - that is all there is to it - and especially Indian food but we do chutneys that are not all Indian.

Last edited:
I like lemon curd - and if not a chutney what is it? OK OK I surrender! Well I Like food - that is all there is to it - and especially Indian food but we do chutneys that are not all Indian.

Yeah it's OK :lol:, I quite like lemon tu..., I mean curd :mrgreen:

Now, who likes curries? :lol:

Hey, another question about these weird hotness terms. Was used in Top Gear as well. Jalfreze for instance. WTF is that all about?

Must.Stay.Away.From.This.Thread

*Me is getting ALITTLE hungry here* :lol:

Chicken dupiaza or a nice chicken rogan josh :nod:

*licks lips*