Fookin' French!

From what I understand fighting bulls have great lives in order to face matadors in excellent health while cows are raised in deplorable conditions. A fighting bull only experiences two bad moments in life: when it's strength is tested and when it's killed by a matador.

Pets should not be subjected mistreatment. It's just that believing cats and dogs being superior to other animals sounds iffy in my opinion. When I visited the Philippines recently I missed out on the chance of eating dog! Depending on your location dogs/cats can be your best friends in more ways than one! :D

JoeBlo1 said:
From what I understand fighting bulls have great lives in order to face matadors in excellent health while cows are raised in deplorable conditions. A fighting bull only experiences two bad moments in life: when it's strength is tested and when it's killed by a matador.
Neither situation is right in my opinion, having said that, and having been on a few farms around here, can't say I've seen these deplorable conditions for cows first hand. (Not that they don't exist in some places.)

I quite like bull fighting actually, I just don't see why they need to stick the spikes in the bull.
It's fun enough without it. (I do root for the bull though.)

FYI, I was once knocked out by a bull (not in a bull fight). :lol:
I also once worked in a slaughterhouse that slaughtered pigs.

JoeBlo1 said:
Pets should not be subjected mistreatment. It's just that believing cats and dogs being superior to other animals sounds iffy in my opinion.
I partly agree. I mean there is a line somewhere, for example nobody considers swatting a fly the same as killing a dog.
However I would object just as much to pulling out a fly's legs or wings as I would mistreating any other animal.

JoeBlo1 said:
When I visited the Philippines recently I missed out on the chance of eating dog! Depending on your location dogs/cats can be your best friends in more ways than one! :D
See I have no problem with that (as long as the dog is killed without cruelty). From what I understand it's quite tasty.

Well at least we agree on some things. Animal cruelty is wrong (although I'll be offended less) but eating animals is perfectly acceptable.

Quite a few of these 'animal rights activists' are really cute cuddly fuzzyanimal rights activists who focus more of their attention to things that they can hug rather than equally fighting for ALL animals. The kind that protest experimenting on dogs and cats but if they hear about snakes or birds or something they dont find attractive, they just pretend it never came up. They really do bring down the message of the proper ARAs

ESPNSTI said:
JoeBlo1 said:
When I visited the Philippines recently I missed out on the chance of eating dog! Depending on your location dogs/cats can be your best friends in more ways than one! :D
See I have no problem with that (as long as the dog is killed without cruelty). From what I understand it's quite tasty.

And probably a good source of worms too :yucky: Dogs eat some yucky stuff.

Don't even get me started on the millitant Animal Rights Morons. I'm not sure how globalized PETA is, but we have them over here in the US. This is a group that has direct financial ties to known domestic terrorists. They firebomb labs that are working on cures for AIDS and cancer because animals are being harmed in the process. They say their goal is "Total animal liberation." Meaning that animals can do whatever they want and can't be harmed. They also oppose pet ownership - so if any of you pet lovers donated to PETA you've been duped.

Interestingly enough, PETA also euthanises over 60% of the animals they "save" and their Vice President, Mary Beth Sweetland, takes insulin for diabetes. Insulin was developed from experiments on dogs and contains ingredients from cows. When asked about this she said, "I don't see myself as a hippocrite. I need my life to fight for the rights of animals." So she is kept alive by products from animals derived from testing on animals all so she can deny these same rights to people with diseases that could be cured or treated with the results of the same type of testing.

So yeah, I hate PETA.