For all those asking about importing cars in to the US...

Actually the GT-R legend started with the R32, it was the first one to have the ATTESA system and (AFAIK) the RB26DETT engine that can be tuned as high as you want.

It depends.

Among the great unwashed, its true the R32 GT-R was the first famous one since its the first one that had any kind of international exposure.

However, among GT-R fans its still the original KPGC10 GT-R that is considered to have started the legend.

kpgc10-797044.jpg

I sent 1gracing (the guys who were importing the noble) an email to see if they knew if i could fit a VQ35DE into it, and I never got a response. I think they actually bought the rights to the chassis plans for the M400 and the M12, and are now Named Rossion Cars, and renamed their current car/effort the Q1. They still recc. a twin-turbo duratec, but oh well.

Wait..

so if I ship a Noble over as parts, I can have it no problem? :drool:

Thats how they were always sold here. As Serj said the M12 design was bought and sold in the US as a Rossian or some shit like that.

AWESOME. Best of both worlds, really. :D :tease:

Seriously though, can they bring me a Hakosuka? Or will I just have to do it myself?

Anything older than 25 years old is exempt from the US safety laws, there is nothing special you have to do to the car other than fill out the right forms and have it shipped here. It's the same as Canada's 15 year law, except ours is 25 :(

California is an exception to that rule thanks to CARB and their smog regs.

I sent 1gracing (the guys who were importing the noble) an email to see if they knew if i could fit a VQ35DE into it, and I never got a response. I think they actually bought the rights to the chassis plans for the M400 and the M12, and are now Named Rossion Cars, and renamed their current car/effort the Q1. They still recc. a twin-turbo duratec, but oh well.

I've heard of people calling them up and asking about other engines, one guy called up the makers of the Ultima GT-R about using a 3 rotor 20b rotary, the guy actually got angry at him for wanting to do that.

Imagine the horror inflicted upon me when i said i wanted to do the 20b swap into my camaro :D

I still have this fucked up desire to shave as much weight as possible (lots and lots of fiberglass), fit Corvette IRS and stick the 2.9L 4 cylinder (with quite a bit of tweaking) under the hood of a 88 Camaro base model.

Can't quite figure out why I still want to bother with it though... :dunno:

I know of a few wealthy people in Toronto who basically buy cars which aren't on "the list", have them taken apart before they're shipped and then reassemble them in Canada. You can then register them as a kit car. It's a crazy system.