For Bronco Hybrid leaked

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
See signature

The owners manual for a hybrid Ford Bronco has been leaked online, supporting the rumors of a hybrid powertrain being in the works. I think this would be brilliant for range, economy, and the torque of electricity getting up obstacles. Jeep is already doing the Wrangler 4xE, although that system seems like a very mild hybrid.

None of the "real offroaders," the ones who think they're all that and a bag of chips will buy this. With it being "too complicated" and "not easily repairable unless you're a highly skilled dealer tech."

I like the idea of it, hope it does well personally.

It cracks me up when I'm told I'm not a "real" off roader because I'm not on big tires, drive the wrong brand, have the wrong transmission, etc. Most recently a guy told me I'm not a "real" off roader because I wanted the Bronco with the manual transmission (it has a crawler gear below first specifically for off roading) - after all, all the "real" off roaders use automatics. I mean, Elephant Hill was a certainly challenging with the manual, but I still managed it without damage. @Nabster spent some time in the back seat on that trail, he can weigh in with what it was like doing it in the X with a manual and a JK with an auto and 37"s.

I've been driving off road on technical Moab trails for 25 years. The first time I ever drove a vehicle (not sitting on a parent's lap) was on an offroad trail in Moab. I've taken vehicles places that no one thought they could get - and gotten them out again without damage.

I'm not sure what else I can do to be a "real" off roader. There are significant performance advantages to hybrid and EV off road vehicles, as well as environmental impact benefits that will help keep trails and back country areas open to vehicle travel.

Last edited: