For my fellow Americans

Rokovak

Car(s)
2016 Cadillac ATS
A Swiss guy, looking for directions, pulls up at a bus stop where two Americans are waiting. "Entschuldigung, koennen Sie Deutsch sprechen?" he asks. The two Americans just stare at him.

"Excusez-moi, parlez vous Francais?" he tries. The two continue to stare. "Parlare Italiano?" No response. "Hablan ustedes Espanol?" Still nothing.

The Swiss guy drives off, extremely disgusted. The first American turns to the second and says, "Y'know, maybe we should learn a foreign language."

"Why?" says the other. "That guy knew four languages, and it didn't do him any good."

Thank you Final Gear, and good night!

Actually that joke (or a variation of it) was used in a German beer commercial a couple of years ago: A BMW Z1 driver stops in front of three folks somewhere in the countryside in Northern Germany to ask for a nice place to surf. The BMW driver tries about every Northern dialect but doesn't get a reply. When he drives off in frustration, the three said:

"Wow, he had a nice car."
"And he did speak a lot of languages."
"But i didn't help him in at all."

Here's a video from YouTube, where that clip is shown (and a lot of other funny commercials from that beer brand):

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_Rx2c7WIHU[/YOUTUBE]

The second one plays on American stereotypes, btw. ;) Funny for those who understand German, probably weird for the rest :D

Reminds me of a joke some French people told me...

If you speak two languages, you can be called bilingual.
If you speak three, you're trilingual.

And if you only speak one, you're English.

Reminds me of a joke some French people told me...

If you speak two languages, you can be called bilingual.
If you speak three, you're trilingual.

And if you only speak one, you're English.

and if you speak 4, but not one intelligable, you're a BELGIAN :p