For Sale: 2008 Audi S6....Phantom Black Pearl....35k miles....$40k....LIKE NEW

subymaster

Car(s)
06 STi Limited, stock
I looked all over but I couldnt find anywhere that said I cant post a car for sale. So if I can't im very sorry and plz delete this thread....just dont ban me, I didnt know!! If I can, here it is and enjoy!!

My dad is retiring and moving to Montana so he asked me to place this ad for his car. It is an 08 Audi S6 V10 with 35,000 miles. He wants $40k flat. There is no lien on the vehicle.

"For sale is my awesome 2008 Phantom Black Pearle Audi S6 V10. I have retired and am moving to Montana and don't have enough money to own this awesome Audi S6 as well as an SUV. The SUV is a must as the road to our property is not paved or plowed by the county.

The Good:
This 100% STOCK NEVER MODIFIED 2008 S6 includes literally every option Audi had available: seat matching silver headliner, leather dash, carbon fiber inlays , 12 way heated driver & Passenger seats, heated rear seats. Color touch NAV display w/ 7" screen and AM/FM/SIRIUS radio/6disc cd. Tech package w/ voice controls, back-up camera, "lane-assist" (vibrates the steering wheel if you drift out of your lane), bluetooth phone connectivity, Premium Bose Surround Sound, Bi-Xenon road following headlights, Audi "Advanced Key" keyless entry and start....$7,190 of options. The engine is basically a less exotic Lamborghini Gallardo or Audi R8 unit which is a 5.2 liter 40 valve all aluminum direct injected dual throttle body V-10 with 435-hp/398-ft-lbs that revs to 7500rpm. It is linked to a 6 speed paddle-shift automatic with sport and regular mode. The suspension is firm and confidence inspiring while not being harsh or bouncy. The massive front and rear brakes have a firm progressive feel. The trunk is big enough to fit 4 full sets of golf clubs and there is a rear seat pass-thru to fit your skis or what-not. The Phantom Black Pearl looks stunning in the sun when well polished and the LED front daytime running lights really make the vehicle stand out.

What comes with the car:

• 265/35/19 Bridgestone Blizzak LM-25V stud-less winter tires with 1 season on them.....$1250 value.
  • Stock tires were just replaced with 265/35/19 Bridgestone Potenza RE-11s which have incredible grip in the summer and even in the rain. They have one summer of wear. A $1275 value. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+RE-11
  • "Audi Care Plan" which is FREE maintenance up to 45,000 miles and "Audi Gold Plus Plan" which allows you to take the car in to have any dent, scratch, nick, stain, wheel mark, blemish, leather tear, spill, etc. fixed at the dealership for FREE. They will take care of ANYTHING until May 2013. Audi Care Plan and Audi Gold Plus are fully transferable to the new owner.......a $1400 value.
  • Standard 4-years/50,000 mile Audi limited warranty and 12-year corrosion perforation warranty
  • Free roadside assistance until 2012.
  • The DVD Navigation unit was just recently updated at a cost of $375.
The interior of the car is LIKE NEW. I have simply driven the car to work and back. No auto-x or track days. There is very slight wear in the driver seat and no wear in the front pass. seat/rear seats. This Audi has been taken care of obsessively inside and out by me. The exterior is washed at least weekly, often more. The exterior gets a full clay, polish, wax, and detail monthly...more if needed. Only the best mothers/meguirs detailing products have been used to keep the paint swirl free. 303 Aerospace and Invisible Glass (among others) is used on the interior to keep it smelling new and maintain the matte factory finish on all surfaces...no greasy armor-all here. Leather seats have recently been shampooed and conditioned as well, I am thrilled how they came out. The leather is as smooth and supple as it was when I bought the car.

The Bad:

As you can see on the carfax I was in an accident with this vehicle. A lady ran a red light and hit me in the front left corner. This happened in 2009 with just under 20,000 miles on the vehicle. No airbags deployed and the suspension was not majorly damaged in the wreck, in fact I could have driven the vehicle home if the bumper was not hanging on the ground and my headlight was not out. The police officer insisted it be towed. There was no frame damage. On the carfax it states the vehicle was in 2 accidents on the same day, which is not true. It says this because the accident occurred in New Jersey, where I work, and the vehicle was towed from there to the body shop, which was in Pennsylvania, where I live. This can be confirmed by the police, towing company, and body shop. The total for the entire repair/tow was $17,000. Any accident in a low production volume, $82,000 German sports car is going to be massively expensive, hence the price tag of the repair. However, the quality of repair by the dealership owned body-shop was so good and there was no frame damage, I saw no reason to sell the car right after the accident. It looks and drives like it did when it was 5 miles old.

The bright side of the wreck is I got a whole new front bumper which is the part of the vehicle that encounters the most daily wear....so no rock chips or paint marks on the front bumper! I challenge anyone to tell it was even in an accident the repair was done so well.

Since I just lowered my asking price from $48,999 to $40,000 I am going to have to be firm on that. If I can't get $40,000 privately, I will simply trade it in to a dealership for an SUV. You really need to come see and drive this S6 to truly appreciate its condition, power, and luxury. I would be asking over $50k if it had not been in the accident.

Don't pass up the chance to own a practically new $82,000 v10 super-sedan for HALF that price. Please call 609-658-1961 at any time and ask for Barry! That's me! I can also be reached by email at bpritch11@gmail.com
THANKS FOR READING!!! -Barry Pritchard"

Here is the cars.com ad my dad made as well:

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?listingId=60126352&searchSource=SEARCH_BY_URL&stkTyp=U

Pictures are included in the cars.com ad but they really do it no justice. Any additional specific pictures can be taken upon request. A picture of the original window sticker is available as well to show all the options and original price paid. The VIN is WAUDN74F78N117127

We are available almost any day of the week to show the car and go for test drives. Once you see it in person you will have a hard time not buying it I promise :D

Last edited:
Yeeeeahhhh, I think there's probably a reason FG doesn't have a buy/sell forum. They probably don't want the extra drama or any liability in case something goes wrong. (Not that you would do anything sketchy to another poster--just stating my theory on why this'll probably go *poof!*)

IIRC, there's even part of the TOS that says that any advertising (like this) must get admin approval before posting.

Good luck on the sale, though! Sounds like a great car.

It seems like rule 6 outlaws this sort of thing, but I'm not our Fearless Leader, so I'll let him make the final judgment. Y'all can stop reporting the thread now.