Of burbling pistons in motion right.
I am the soft suspension's flight.

Do not stand at my factory and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
Do not stand at my factory and cry.
I am not there, I did not die.

Ford, why you kill cash cow?

Ford, why you kill cash cow?

Because if they kept it they would need to make substantial upgrades to meet new regulations and fleet sales aren't enough to cover those costs.

Because if they kept it they would need to make substantial upgrades to meet new regulations and fleet sales aren't enough to cover those costs.

Yeah, the car would have needed to be completely retooled and redesigned, and it didn't make sense.

This is not like when GM killed the B-body just to make higher-profit SUVs - the B-body had years left in it and GM simply decided they didn't want a guaranteed-but-low-margin 250,000 sales per year any more.

*salutes*

32 years of loyal serving, protecting and ferrying. American cop cars and taxis will never be quite like ol' Vicky.

RIP Vic. You will be missed. I think it is safe to safe to say the most consistantly reliable car in the last 30 years. I feel proud to have owned a P71 and some day I will convence the wife to let me get another one (she has a hatred of cop cars). Rest in peace indeed.

I can't imagine a view of NYC without the sea of yellow Crown Vics. As a foreigner, the Crown Vic taxis are as much a part of New York as the Statue of Liberty or the Empire State Building. The Crown Vic just seems to be synonymous with America, it will be sad to see it go. A Nissan van just doesn't have the same emotion.

R.I.P to an automotive icon.

one of the few Fords i liked and respected. no car will be as tough as the Crown Victoria was. hell, there are trucks and SUVs not as tough as the Crown Vic.

I can't imagine a view of NYC without the sea of yellow Crown Vics. As a foreigner, the Crown Vic taxis are as much a part of New York as the Statue of Liberty or the Empire State Building. The Crown Vic just seems to be synonymous with America, it will be sad to see it go. A Nissan van just doesn't have the same emotion.

R.I.P to an automotive icon.
WHS.

The Crown Vic taxi is to New York what the Austin FX4 cab is to London.
Shame to see it go, can't even count the amount of films and TV series where the Crown Vic has cropped up as a taxi or a cop car, truly a car known the world over. :(

RIP Vicky, you will be missed.

Good cars. Sad to see them go.

Found my old P71 pics, circa 2004. I really really miss that car... Maybe a few years down the road I can pick up another retired cruiser for $1,500-2.000 and restore it.

jce_p71_01.jpg

jce_p71_02.jpg

jce_p71_03.jpg

Last edited:
Well, you should still have a supply, albeit dwindling, of 'fresh' off-service P71s for a few years. Some of the small towns up near where I got this one just bought new ones so they'll be auctioning them off in 5-9 years.

There goes the last of the large, body on frame V8 sedans......sad day indeed.

Such an iconic car, both in enforcing the law and paying some one to get where you need to go. I still want to buy a retired cruiser (preferable the boxy 80's CV) and drop in a Ford 302 and manual transmission/running gear. Or go all out with the 351. A sleeper vicky is the best sleeper.

Even as a Yurop boi I can feel remorse. It really is a handsome brute to me, such a shame it isn't viable to build it anymore.