Ford Fiesta ST - Frankfurt

Andeh

is teahte tbungafloed
Car(s)
Fiestas, Mondeos, Anglia, Austin 7, Corsair, Chrys
Ford-Fiesta-891111123585981600x1060.jpg
A Ford Fiesta ST concept has been launched at the Frankfurt motor show this morning - and is set to go into production next year.
The turbocharged baby hot hatch stars alongside the all-new Focus ST range, which includes an estate version for the first time.

The Fiesta ST is a thinly veiled concept that confirms Ford?s intentions to launch a global performance version of its hit supermini. It will follow in a long line of baby fast Fords that include the XR2, XR2i, RS1800, RS Turbo and the previous-generation ST.

Ford has previously played down speculation that a Fiesta ST would be launched, claiming that the model would lack the global appeal needed for it to be signed off under the One Ford strategy.

Ford-Fiesta-891111123593011600x1060.jpg

Ford-Fiesta-891111123599571600x1060.jpg

Source: http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/259086/

Shame about the front. The thing I liked about the old ST is that it was near indistinguishable from the Zectec S.

Still, a new Fiesta ST is a great thing, if they make it.

Yuk. A fish-face front, and 'Halfords' type rear. I'm on my 5th Fiesta, my 6th Ford but DO NOT WANT :(

I've seen photos of it in white and it looks better than it does in red, but still no. The front is hideous, the back is too tacky and I don't particularly like the alloys. The current S1600 looks proportionately spot on - with a more aggressive front and different wheels it would have made quite a good looking ST in my opinion. This just looks tacky.

It looks fine from front and back, you guys need to relax.

Can't spell Fiesta without F,I,A & T. Which it looks like one at the front now.

Ugh. I hate the look of modern small cars. The EU ruined them all.