Ford Focus RS'09 is.. FWD.

They need a new rear suspension, tranny, floor, and front bulkhead design. Hammering out a tunnel on a car may be fine for the backyard mechanic, but isn't such a good idea for a factory effort.

Make it RWD and it because the BMW 1 series, and only useful for anyone who wants a performance car. At that point, why not just buy a damn Honda S2000?

touche. or an older STI or anything for that matter thats alot cheaper then just modding it out to be alot faster then anything stock. thats what i do :D

The WTCC cars can be RWD (BMW)..

That's because the road car the WTCC BMW racer is based on is also RWD.

No-one else makes RWD cars in this category, and my point is that the WTCC rules don't permit you to change the driveline of the donor vehicle. So most of the other manufacturers wanting to race get stuck with FWD.

Ford; willfully mediocre, not making any money, and not seeing the connection between the two.

Actually, Ford Europe isn't doing that badly. The Focus and Mondeo are popular both with critics and the public.

Its Ford USA's product offerings that are helping drag the company down.

I agree that with the fancy dif it will probably be able to handle the power even tho it's FWD.

What I don't like about it being FWD is the fact that people won't be able to tune it to produce a million, billion horsepower. The WRX, EVO, Skyline, Supra etc all have either AWD or RWD so people feel comfortable tuning them to get huge power outputs.

I want to see a Ford RS with a million, billion horsepower like back in the old Sierra Cosworth days.:)