Autoblog: Ford offers 168-hp R2 rally kit for Fiesta, announces Sport Trophy Championship

nsx_23

Forum Addict
:cool:

After watching this year's X Games and Ken Block's latest Gymkhana 3, it's no secret that the Ford Fiesta can easily be tuned into a potent rally-ready machine. That said, we greatly welcome the automaker's latest Fiesta R2 rally tuning kit, bringing a host of rally-spec mods to the general public.

In addition to things like a five-speed sequential gearbox, Reiger adjustable dampers, Eibach springs, ventilated disc brakes with four-piston calipers and a steel roll cage, Ford has found a way to coax more power out of the Fiesta's 1.6-liter inline-four. By adding a raft of new parts (pistons, camshafts, injectors, air filter, etc.), the Fiesta R2 is capable of producing 168 horsepower and 134 pound-feet of torque ? gains of 48 and 22 over the stock car, respectively.

The R2 package was designed by M-Sport, a company that has been Ford's WRC partner since 1997, and New Hampshire-based team O'Neil Motorsports is the official reseller and authorized installer for this kit. Additionally, Ford Racing will offer a Stage 1 kit that includes performance upgrades, dampers, a limited-slip differential and roll cage for those who don't want the full hardcore experience.

So, you buy a rally-spec Fiesta... then what? Enthusiasts who add the R2 package to their Fiestas will be eligible to compete in the new Fiesta Sport Trophy Championship division of RallyCar's Rally America National Championship 2WD class. Only cars assembled by Team O'Neil can qualify for this series, with the class winner going on to Great Britain to compete in the Fiesta Sport Trophy International Shootout. Win the worldwide competition, and you'll land yourself a one-year residential placement at M-Sport, where you'll work with the BP Ford World Rally team.

r2kithr.jpg

fiestar2rallykit03hr.jpg

fiestar2rallykit04hr.jpg

fiestar2rallykit01hr.jpg

fiestar2rallykit02hr.jpg

Last edited:
::the light dawns over marble head:: so this is why everyone calls the 306Maxi a Kit Car.....

anyway man oh man does that look awesome... any word on kit pricing? i am going to guess 10K

EDIT: boy was i wrong (didn't notice the gearbox in the picture) on the price

UK R2 Kit Website HERE

Order form HERE

Price List PDF

Looks like you get a choice between tarmac and gravel spec for ? 19,995.00 ($31,952.01) or more than twice the cost of the US Fiesta. Since this is a global rally car i can't imagine they will charge different prices for different parts of the world. That said 50Kish for a brand new spec rally car isn't exactly a bad price.

Last edited:
Looks like you get a choice between tarmac and gravel spec for ? 19,995.00 ($31,952.01) or more than twice the cost of the US Fiesta. Since this is a global rally car i can't imagine they will charge different prices for different parts of the world. That said 50Kish for a brand new spec rally car isn't exactly a bad price.

Don't forget that you need it built by M-Sport or Team O'neil if you want to compete. That's gonna add another 10,000 pounds onto the price.