Autoblog: Ford shows off Police Interceptor Stealth concept ahead of SEMA debut

One of my friends got pulled over by a Focus with a bodykit and underbody lights. I don't know of a police department around here that strictly uses police interceptors and unmarked cars anymore.

Maybe i should chip in with how i saw an unmarked Prius Hybrid in (not-so) hot pursuit the other day. As it had a magnetic light on the roof, not permanently-installed hidden flashers i guess it was some detective's private car (no Gran Torinos for us, no 'cudas either), though.

I should check this thread more often... A few points:

I remember when the Charger came out many officers complained that it was a) too small and b) not nearly as good over unpaved roads as the Crown Vic. The Taurus seems to solve both of those problems. And its packing a lot more power than the CV. I'm scared.

Around here I've seen the following unmarked undercover cars: the usual old Tauruses and Impalas (so many are civilian that you never expect them to have flashing lights...), Mustangs, Camaros, various SUVs (mostly Expeditions and Tahoes, I believe), full-size vans, pickups (mostly F150, I think). Unmarked Chargers are fairly common too - there is even one on my campus. The best I've heard of was a yellow WRX wagon with wheels and a big exhaust that would drive around and challenge people to race and then pull them over.

I doubt that the actual cop car will have those wheels. It will probably have stock ones.

Bone, get that stick out of your ass :p