FORD: The American Experience

Momentum57

worships the 2010 Prius like a god
DONOR
Car(s)
It's A HONDA! Clarity Plug In Electric
Last night I watched an engrossing documentary on Henry Ford, part of PBS's The American Experience. I highly recommend watching it to everyone on this forum. It is an amazing story illustrating how one man changed the world through tyranny of will but ripped his soul open in the process.

"An absorbing life story of a farm boy who rose from obscurity to become the most influential American innovator of the 20th century, Henry Ford offers an incisive look at the birth of the American auto industry with its long history of struggles between labor and management, and a thought-provoking reminder of how Ford's automobile forever changed the way we work, where we live, and our ideas about individuality, freedom, and possibility." from PBS

As a PBS member, a FinalGear Member, an American, and a world citizen who owes this man for a great number of things I beg you to watch.

Have to have a look for this

I should have said the free online presentation is available through PBS and if you click the hyperlinked text it will lead you there.

Every time I spend any significant amount of time with my (jewish) girlfriend's mom, she asks me "How can you drive a Ford?" :rolleyes:

I watched it and found more to dislike him for.

I think its a tragic story of his relationship between him and his son. On so many of those times where Ford was ugly you have to wonder the motive. That conversation with Harry Bennett after Edsel died made me think so much of it was just between father and son and the hope Edsel would get angry.

Damn he was not a very good man. What an asshole. You don't treat family like that.