Ford's Mustang Mach E

Not a fan of the sound, but it wouldn't take me long to have the same Pavlovian response to it that I do to V8s.

Yeah, the whine reminds me too much of a supercharger, which I don't like.

I like the sound of a supercharger, the problem is that it also sounds like the timing chain guides going out on a VQ40 engine and a lot of money going down the drain.

It is meant to go fast and melt tires. Not many things that do that really sound great. Besides, it is a one off show car, this does not represent what you will get.

A super charger whine without the roar of an engine is like a rock band with a single instrument. It can sound cool for a bit, but it can't sustain itself for long.

Thank God Musk never included speakers on the Tesla. Half the cars here would be farting down the streets.

Thought I'd post this here, since I really liked the review. Seems to be a decent vehicle for what it is, unfortunate naming/branding and the general SUV dislike in the crowd here (which I fully agree with, btw) nonwithstanding.

Thank God Musk never included speakers on the Tesla. Half the cars here would be farting down the streets.
This didn't age well, did it now :p Though I am rather happy the Tesla exterior speakers are all so far disabled over in Europe. And when they are enabled eventually, I don't expect user controllable sounds will be a thing here, because fun stuff like that is all verboten.

Both reviews I've seen if this have been in less than ideal conditions. But, it honestly seems like it's pretty good. I don't hate it and the use of the Mustang name is okay with me, mostly because things change, nothing is ever the same forever. Need I remind you all of the Mustang II...

Reaction iJustine got on a test driver -

Dunno why they ruined the interior with that screen

Holy crap, she's annoying.
A super charger whine without the roar of an engine is like a rock band with a single instrument. It can sound cool for a bit, but it can't sustain itself for long.
If that instrument is a kazoo or a theramin.

I'll wait a year or so before test driving and thinking serious about one. First model year bugs always bite you in the ass.

So far, nothing has changed with my feelings on the Maché. Another dumpy crossover. This is like the minivan craze of the 90s yet somehow, it's not just for families of 2 or more kids and old people.

An Easter egg.

1612142404796.png

The text, or...is that a crack?

I love hidden text like that. Guitar medal companies are notorious for easter eggs on their PCBs. The new Atari has a message on it's PCB that nobody will ever see, but amusingly most of the tech-tubers who are doing tear-downs are too young to have remembered the old commercials they are referencing...

That is not a crack, that is a casting mark.

Either that or some dried on salty water from winter roads.

Seriously considering one of these. Company tax pressures and the appeal of a long range EV are combining in my head. Doesn't look like a bar of soap either. Even if I'm not a fan of the general crossover trend the shape of this is a genuine slow grower for me. ?