Forget drinking coffee... inhale it!

LP

Your Brown Banana for Scale
DONOR
Car(s)
206 HP N/A washing machine
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/16/le-whif-breathable-coffee_n_501568.html

Why drink your coffee when you can inhale it?

Thanks to creative engineering by Harvard professor David Edwards, coffee addicts can now breathe their morning cup of joe (and get their caffeine fix) using a product called Le Whif.

Le Whif 'gives us the kick of coffee without the cup,' says Edwards.

How does it work? Users place one end of the stick, which is about the size of a lipstick tube, to their lips, then inhale gently (see diagram below).

'Whiffers' intake about 100 milligrams of caffeine (which is equivalent to a small cup of espresso) and less than a single calorie with each Le Whif.

The Le Whif product was made through particle engineering, which reduces coffee particles so that they're small enough to be airborne, but too large to enter the lungs. It was developed through ArtScience Labs, an 'international network of art and design labs experimenting at the frontiers of science' that seeks to 'promote socially beneficial innovations.'

The sticks come in three additional flavors--chocolate, raspberry chocolate, and mint chocolate--and, according to Le Whif's global operations manager (via the Harvard Crimson) the company is working on 'an inhalable three-course meal.'

I'm not a coffee drinker, but if they did a similar thing with tea, I'd consider it completely pointless. The taste, the hot liquid pouring down your throat, etc. are all part of the experience of having a cup of tea, it's not just for the caffeine. That's just me though.

Hah, I heard this on Wait Wait Don't Tell Me! Might be good for me since I don't drink coffee and I don't feel like turning my throat into the otolaryngological of the Triangle Shirtwaist fire* every morning, but I still need my caffeine fix somehow. And energy drinks taste like scrota.

* "Too soon, man. Too soon."

I feel like if you hate all caffeinated beverages so severely you cannot make yourself consume them, then you don't actually need/deserve caffeine. I'm not a fan of all this artifical and supplemented fake bullcrap.

I freebase the shit man....

I have my own coffee substitute.

mountain+dew.jpg

*pfschsst*

Mmm. Good coffee.

Also,
http://www.colbertnation.com/the-co...or-food---donna-simpson--le-whif---cat-litter

Please skip, if you at all care about your eyes, to 2:00.

Last edited:
Anyone can achieve this with a decent grinder, one made for espresso. Whenever I make espresso, grinds go everywhere and they're difficult to clean up, because the powder is so fine. Put those grinds in a tube and sell them to snobby people at Starbucks. Profit!

Anyone can achieve this with a decent grinder, one made for espresso. Whenever I make espresso, grinds go everywhere and they're difficult to clean up, because the powder is so fine. Put those grinds in a tube and sell them to snobby people at Starbucks. Profit!

I think the problem that was "solved" by this Harvard prof when he made this was that the coffee particles needed to be small enough to be inhaled but large enough to not enter your lungs :?

So I'm not sure if grinding beans to a fine powder would help as bits of coffee would then get stuck in your lungs.

Although if people smoke weed and cigarettes, they might as well smoke coffee I guess.

Last edited:
I don't get it either. I enjoy my coffee damn it. If I only wanted a caffeine fix I'd drink a God awful energy drink.

Why not just take caffeine pills?

another reason why people would be better off without drinking coffee would be the teeth discoloring

colgate-cig_25.jpg