Forget the Veyron. Test the Mach 5!

Nah, mine's better
http://img162.imageshack.**/img162/282/gilfrazwarehousewarehouja9.jpg

Yours can't be possibly better than mine

M3Turbo-Champ_Pack-Shot.jpg

But it is... Gillette's marketing department is the most devious of all the marketing people. They keep releasing new razors like the Turbo and Nitro but all it is is a different colour. Also, the blades for the powered Mach3 cost a more than the regular Mach3 blades but are the exact same inside the box. And what kept them from coming out with 3 blades before? For a hundred years it was one or two and then Gillette had the awesome idea to add a third blade.

Sorry I keep going offtopic today, the Random Thoughts are a bit slow today. :p

Yours can't be possibly better than mine

Are you the Master of Missing the Joke or something?

Okay folks, I'm a moron. I had checked the article and didn't see the disclaimer in the back.

But damn, if they ever made an actual to spec Mach 5...

Hehe! Really funny.

Obviously it could not do 0-60 in 0.6 seconds =) I already knew about the movie/anime but it's fun when people believe it.

I lol'd.

0-60 in .6 secs seems a bit fast...I think the Bug is about at the physical limit for road cars... so chopping 2 secs off is a bit lame

just goes to show that computers can't calculate everything

It depends on the duration of the g-force, if it's a short enough impulse the human body can survive quite a bit. Read up on John Stapp and his experiments in G-forces.

If nothing else, the guy is cool because of this quote, known as Stapp's Law:
"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

At what point does the acceleration actually kill you? This is a legitimate question as cars like the Veyron push the envelope.

There were rocket power drag cars in the 70's running in the 3 second range. But they had the equivalent of about 20,000hp pushing them along. I'll drum up a video...

EDIT: here it is.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mIfb4vIZOQ[/youtube]

"Phenomenal times of 0-60 mph in 0.2 seconds and 0-100 mph in 0.3 seconds were normal for rocket cars."

Last edited:
A local talk radio host here in Dallas has a Mach 5. He also has two Batmobiles, and he recently acquired a General Lee I think.

Pics of the Mach 5 here (lousy ones):

http://therussmartinshow.com/rms_photos2.asp

I can't stand Russ Martin. But, I do repsect his love for the Batmobile and Adam West. :D Oh, good to see someone else from Lewisville on here. :lol:

This thing is fast, but it's no match for the A-Team van!

+1 And don't forget about KITT!

I own a Mach3. Almost as cool.

200.jpg

I --> :lol: at that

At what point does the acceleration actually kill you? This is a legitimate question as cars like the Veyron push the envelope.

Well seeing as 30 year old drag racers have 20 times the HP of a Veyron I'd hardly call that pushing the envelope.

Sure it's a fantastic car and about at the limits of what we can make today, but we're far off from reaching the limits of what the human body can take.

I do know that fighter pilots sometimes blackout at 10+ Gs after a while

Yeah, we're not really pushing the envelope g-force wisw when talking acceleration. Braking generates even more g-force.. The Veyron does 400-0 in around 10 seconds. Formula 1 cars generate up to 5 g's when braking..

The human body can take a lot more punishment than what the veyron can offer :p

man i love that there were people in this thread that thought it was a real review... you guys totally made my afternoon

I can't stand Russ Martin. But, I do repsect his love for the Batmobile and Adam West. :D Oh, good to see someone else from Lewisville on here. :lol:

I like Russ, but I did have to take a break from him for a while. I only listen on my drive home to break up the monotony with something different. I wish I had his "job". :D

Good to see a fellow Lewisviller on here! I think there are a few people from our area - I know Spectre is from Dallas, I am guessing North Dallas but who knows.

Keep in mind that whatever g-forces a car can generate through acceleration, cornering, and braking, they are only going to be lateraly induced on the body. Therefore the blood will stay in the brain and the human is able to tolerate much higher forces than if they were vertically imposed.

So I don't think there's any chance of blacking out in a car anytime soon.

Good to see a fellow Lewisviller on here! I think there are a few people from our area - I know Spectre is from Dallas, I am guessing North Dallas but who knows.

Well wave if you see me in my Camaro around town. :mrgreen:

There were rocket power drag cars in the 70's running in the 3 second range. But they had the equivalent of about 20,000hp pushing them along. I'll drum up a video...

EDIT: here it is.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mIfb4vIZOQ[/youtube]

"Phenomenal times of 0-60 mph in 0.2 seconds and 0-100 mph in 0.3 seconds were normal for rocket cars."

fuck me!