• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Former presenters.

Former presenters.

• Tiff Needell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jason Dawe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

wooflepoof

WoofleDay
Car(s)
Genesis Sedan 3.8
Who would you say, was the better top gear presenter. Tiff COULD get you around the Nurburgring in a Lamborghini in under 8 minutes but Jason could get you that same Lambo for ?4.50. I'd say he's also quite a lot funnier but Tiff can do more manuvers and tricks with the cars etc, etc. Personally I'm a Dawe fan. What about you? Who would you rather see come back if one of them had to?

What exactly was funny about Jason? And not in any ironic way?

He was as funny as a home loan.

without a doubt tiff. he may be a little annoying but god damn can he drive

edit: like the results werent expected

If Jason were to wear yellow during a review, I woulda thought he was a taxi. Tiffy is in a league of his own, he just needs to figure out how to talk without sounding like he's having a heart attack.

Jason is so fat that he used to run out of breat midway through a segment!
He was so fat that he couldn't run across the studio fast enough to take part in camera shots.
I personally didn't like seeing a fat bloke struggling to breathe.

Tiff is able to carry the load for Fifth Gear. I doubt Jason Dawe can do the same.

Well at least SOMEBODY voted for Jason(and apparently was too embarrassed to admit it :lol: )

SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
he just needs to figure out how to talk without sounding like he's having a heart attack.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Pool needs a third option: "Both suck".

While Jason is cool, and pretty funny as well, Tiff and Clarkson have a hilarious relationship with each other.

Tiff is the man, and the chemistry between him and Clarkson is great. :thumbsup:

I liked Dave more then Tiff. Tiff's presenting style annoys me a bit and he is after all just another driver. Sure he is ex formula one, but any of the other presenters from either T.G. or F.G. can throw a car around a track and tell us what they think of it.

I liked Dave's different angle on things. He talked about used cars which was a little different from just talking about the new Merc/BMW/Porsche etc. and which was relevant to a lot of people.

His reporting style was interesting and he always sounded like he really knew what he was talking about...helped by the fact that he looks like the kind of guy who runs a shonky used car lot.

Just yesterday I re-watched his piece on Skylines, because the release of the new one, and thought it was fun and informative and taught me a hell of a lot I didn't know about them.

I thought his piece on the Skylines was one of the most boring pieces of motoring journalism that I had ever witnessed. All I learnt from them was how much each version of the classic car would cost to own in Britain. To be honest, he would be akin to Glenn Ridge in Australia with his lack of personality. Sounding semi-exicted (or out of breath, you choose) about a car doesn't make it much fun.

Tiff doesn't offer much personality either, but at least he can drive.

I'm not saying his reporting is overly exciting. It is kind of hard to make buying a used car exciting (unless it is an Enzo! :p ).

My main point is that he brought something different to the show, and something that other show don't have.

I must admit he wouldn't be suited to the newer format of T.G., with all their big expensive cars, stunts and races, but I feel that he brought a nice angle to their first, and obviously lower budgeted, series.

Janus said:
I'm not saying his reporting is overly exciting. It is kind of hard to make buying a used car exciting (unless it is an Enzo! :p ).

My main point is that he brought something different to the show, and something that other show don't have.

I must admit he wouldn't be suited to the newer format of T.G., with all their big expensive cars, stunts and races, but I feel that he brought a nice angle to their first, and obviously lower budgeted, series.

I think He would have been right at home on Fifth Gear. 8)

Jasruler said:
I think He would have been right at home on Fifth Gear. 8)

Yes, that is what I thought. Well he would have been at home in their older, and again obviously lower budgeted, format. Not so sure about their new flash, let's try and compete with the showiness of Top Gear, style.