Clarkson: Former Top Gear presenter blasts Clarkson

If we can't drill it, then it's of no use isn't it?

Anyways, have any of you guys remember the movie "The Road Warrior" (a.k.a. Mad Max 2)? The overall plot is very interesting and quite possible sometime in the future.

Anyways, have any of you guys remember the movie "The Road Warrior" (a.k.a. Mad Max 2)? The overall plot is very interesting and quite possible sometime in the future.

Great film and one of my personal favorites. I like the first installment a lot, too.

Should we have a thread about which car to strip and cobble together, post-apocalyptically? :cool:

Well, that is one more person who simply didn't get Top Gear...

Strange, since he used to be the host of a show with the same name but not much in common, I believe...

Anyway, I think Clarkson will find the right words to answer that - if he bothers to answer at all.

Last edited:
Anyway, I think Clarkson will find the right words to answer that - if be bothers to answer at all.

I suspect the most appropriate response would be in the form of sign language...

quentin_merc.jpg

jack-nicholson_joker.jpg

with makeup

Bingo! And that picture just about sums up his opinion, too.

but...but...I thought that everyone who owns a car would race their mates home from France in a supercar at least once a week, spend the weekend driving until they were bored then pop out for a quick game of car footie before TG came on on a Sunday night.

Quentin, damn you! :shakefist: you've ruined everything! :cry:

running out? yes

close to depletion? im not so sure.... i cant verify this but im sure theres a fair bit of oil/gas left in our planet, some of it we havent found, some of it we cant drill. doesn iraq have a plentiful supply of oil thats not been fully utilized yet? i dont know.

oil reserves have been gradually increasing as higher price of oil makes it more economical to drill in harder to access regions - click - BP statistical review

And c'mon, oil is back at $50 per barrel, V8s for everyone! :D

Well yes, these are different times, but it doesn't mean that motoring enthusiasts are going to disappear, like they didn't in the previous recessions..

So Clarkson recently inked a new deal with the BBC and makes heaps of money and drives cars that the majority of the fun loving population loves, while this guy complains and is still trying to live off his fame from 10 years ago...

For some reason I don't think Clarkson will be giving this more than a seconds thought before he laughs and moves on with his life the same way he has been.

If Clarkson was "rooted in the past" and people want a show based on Green cars why is Top Gear still one of the most watched shows in the UK for the time slot and one of the most downloaded shows... in the world? If everybody wanted a green car show there would be a green car show.

big motored car's aren't going to die, they'll just be weekend use cars. Drive the stupid smart car to work, but if you need to bring some logs from the yard to the dump you'll still need the pickup.
And on a nice summer night there will never be anything better than a long winding road in a speedy convertible.

oil supply nearing depletion? I don't think so.

Estimates in the US alone indicate that natural oil deposits in Alaska, off the west coast (California / Washington), off the Gulf Coast (Texas, Louisiana, Flordia), and East Coast (Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina) can sustain the current US fuel consumption... tripled... for 200+ years.

There's just one slight problem. Liberal Democrats get in the way of drilling for that oil, or refining that oil. A liberal democrat judge in California blocked any oil drilling off the west coast pending an unlimited multi-year wildlife study. The taxes, fines, and regulations on drilling in the Gulf and East coast prevent all but the largest companies.

... and that political party is the one that has both the presidential seat in the US for the next 4 years, and has a numerical majority in the House and Senate for the next 2 years. Oh yeah, oil usage is going to get worse, but don't go around spreading F.U.D. that it's nearing depletion. It's not. And the only hope US people have is that the Republicans have the guts to keep the Liberal Democrats from screwing over the consumer any further by not giving the Lib Dems the votes needed to pass any legislation.

Oh yeah, oil usage is going to get worse, but don't go around spreading F.U.D. that it's nearing depletion. It's not. And the only hope US people have is that the Republicans have the guts to keep the Liberal Democrats from screwing over the consumer any further by not giving the Lib Dems the votes needed to pass any legislation.
Uh... hope of what, exactly? You keep reiterating that it isn't going to run out, so why exactly are you spreading F.U.D. about "liberal democrats"?

Uh... hope of what, exactly? You keep reiterating that it isn't going to run out, so why exactly are you spreading F.U.D. about "liberal democrats"?

I think there's a Politics thread elsewhere in the Forum. This looks dangerously as if it could get ugly and partisan as well as being way :offtopic:

Maybe Quentin is a Peak Oil theorist?

TBH, I can see where Quentin is coming from. I think saying that he 'blasted' Clarkson is a bit much, it's the typical hyperbole that sells newspapers. Will be interesting to see if this crops up in the news section in an upcoming episode of TG ...

Bingo! And that picture just about sums up his opinion, too.

Are you suggesting that Quentin killed Jeremy Clarkson's parents in front of his eyes when he was a kid; and is currently plotting the death of everyone in the audience, plus the presenters, through releasing a more malicious strain of laughing gas into the studio?:p

That's just ignorant and stupid. The world's petrol reserve is nearing depletion and the environment is suffering as well (you might not have a problem in Portugal, but if you go to Los Angeles, you'll understand).

Like it or not, the end of the big petrol engines is coming.

Oil will most likely never "run out". When petrol is nearing it's end as a means of powering internal combustion, the costs associated will channel all research funds to alternative means of powering vehicles. And the environment really isn't suffering that much, and there really isn't much we can do about it.. "Cut Co2 emissions" my ass.

We should enjoy internal combustion for as long as we can, it's not the task of mr. Wilson to claim that Top Gear is not in tune with the times, how could a show viewed by tens (perhaps hundreds) of millions of people be NOT in tune with the times.

Quentin, you are a jealous sell-out, STFU and get back to your miserable life.

Oil will most likely never "run out".

No, but the cheap oil will get a lot harder to find, and the stuff that's left will either be expensive to drill or expensive to refine.

TBH, the sooner we can find viable alternatives for transport, the better. Then we can save our petrochemicals for stuff that really matters - you know, plastics, medicines, fertilisers ... that sort of thing.

That, and I reckon it would be nice in a quaint sort of way if gas guzzlers went from being a daily driver to 'something for the weekend'. Would make us appreciate the burble of a big V8 a bit more. Familiarity breeds comtempt, after all ...

Jealousy makes people talk such shite at times...

Even if he's right, and the golden age of enjoyable motoring is gone, we should enjoy & make the most out of what's left, go down fighting as it were.

Are you suggesting that Quentin killed Jeremy Clarkson's parents in front of his eyes when he was a kid; and is currently plotting the death of everyone in the audience, plus the presenters, through releasing a more malicious strain of laughing gas into the studio?:p

I was actually suggesting that he has the opinion of an ass-clown. ;)

That's the first time I've ever described anyone as that in my entire life...

Having read what the former presenter had to say about today's Top Gear and Clarksonius, and having thought a bout it a lot (like for a couple of seconds) I think it is safe to say that the Dracula man is talking bullshit. What a smug cock. Thinking... but not really, just like so many crazy eco terrorists.