Clarkson: Former Top Gear presenter blasts Clarkson

L.A. - U.S of A. where a 3.0 v8 is a small engine?

What the hell car has a 3.0L V8?

Here a 3.8L V6 is considered a "small engine" :) And the smallest engine i've ever seen in a modern passenger car is a 1.8T in a VW. The sum total of all my cars displacments is something like 11 Liters :D. Singlehandedly melting the polar ice caps and loving it. At least its not in a truck or SUV

And the smallest engine i've ever seen in a modern passenger car is a 1.8T in a VW.
I'll see your VW 1.8T, and raise you the Toyota 1.5L from the Yaris/old Scion's.

I agree with the jealousy factor to be honest... I've seen some of his car reviews and I found them largely annoying and rubbish.

I'm not gonna stop using lots of petrol until they shoot all the farting cows.
And yeah, I fill up my Audi with Shell 99 octane V-Power Racing fuel :D

What does Jeremy say?

Bitter and twisted and not happy with the way their life has turned out?

I think this man is missing a HUGE point. Those cars of the future are not available right now. I know they will be one day, but until then, let people enjoy what we do have.

AND may I point out, all this save the planet crap people, the "cars of the future" we actually do have right now are not saving the planet. When you get it home you may have less impact on the enviroment than I do, but if you will look at what it took to bring you that car you will realize most of the "impact" happened before you got the car.

Al Gore was going on and on about saving energy. Even won a Nobel Peace Prize. It was discovered his electric bill was over $1400 a month. Mine was $41 this month. I don't much care and I seem to be doing a better job than he is.

Well just to be a smartass, the BMW 530i from 1994-1995 had the M60B30 which was in fact a 3.0L V8.

Here a 3.8L V6 is considered a "small engine" :) And the smallest engine i've ever seen in a modern passenger car is a 1.8T in a VW. The sum total of all my cars displacments is something like 11 Liters :D. Singlehandedly melting the polar ice caps and loving it. At least its not in a truck or SUV

sorry, my mistake, I meant 3.0 v6

you see _HighVoltage_, he is melting the polar ice caps and he doesn't even care :lol:

I think this man is missing a HUGE point. Those cars of the future are not available right now. I know they will be one day, but until then, let people enjoy what we do have.

Additionally, I don't recall who, possibly James - wrote something that said gasoline will not go away entirely for a while, they will just be restricted to playthings on weekends etc. Yes, Top Gear could spend all its time doing econoruns and testing VW Polo Bluemotion but it would not be the same show. Just because we won't buy a Zonda does not mean I don't want to see one!

Or was this just about cars in the US?

I gather this is just a Yankee pissing contest. I'm looking forward to seeing who bids the two-stroke from their chainsaw!!!

"I'll see your chainsaw, and I'll raise ya the 0.01 cubic inch motor in mah son's R/C Cessna"

Who'd ever have imagined it? A bunch of Americans competing to see who's got the smallest? :lol:

I'm gonna say it's a tie in this Yankee pissing contest between sonza68 and Rokovak. Now that we've gotten that out of the way...

I think if anyone's "stuck in the past", it's this guy... wasn't the old Top Gear sacked from nobody finding it interesting anymore because they were talking about everything he is now?

They're probably using an old archive pic with a M-B W210 because he has more hair in that pic than nowadays.

he's just gutted because when he was in the show it swam like a stone in a pond and only those of us familiar with track rod ends and valve timings gave a stuff about the program...which is about 5 people, total. so thanks to being totally bland (yet totally informative) it was killed off.

JC's brought it back with a bang and its basically been an unstoppable monster since it re-aired in 2002.... i mean now its probably one of the most watched TV shows.....*suitably long pause*...in the world

thats no mean feat and obviously proves that current top gear is (for the vast majority) a much better, much more enjoyable and watchable show than it ever was.

plus quinny boy just isnt dynamic enough or much of a personality and would never have a place on the new show.

He looks about the same with or without makeup.

Such cutting remarks from the presenter of such cutting-edge documentarys as 'Britains worst stepmother.'

It's enough to make Clarkson shit.

I heard Quentin has recently bought an eco bandwagon.

That's just ignorant and stupid. The world's petrol reserve is nearing depletion and the environment is suffering as well (you might not have a problem in Portugal, but if you go to Los Angeles, you'll understand).

Like it or not, the end of the big petrol engines is coming.

running out? yes

close to depletion? im not so sure.... i cant verify this but im sure theres a fair bit of oil/gas left in our planet, some of it we havent found, some of it we cant drill. doesn iraq have a plentiful supply of oil thats not been fully utilized yet? i dont know.

i cant be certain if oil will be a thing of the past when i come to the end of my life, it may well still be around. im also skeptical of this "man made Co2" causing global warming***, and im skeptical because of all the hysteria and BS that does surround it

and the billion $ industry based around it

and the fact this is the first period of time in history that we've had the means to really probe the climate, to see how it works. as such theres bound to be people covering the entire spectrum of theories from completely wrong to bang on the money... only problem is we need time to tell us which is right, which is wrong and we need to not have it mixed in with media BS, comments from "wanna-be-arm-chair-experts" and people whos profit margins depend on the "fact" that its all mans CO2 production causing it.

but....... but...... i agree with you. we do actually need to do something regardless of which theory turns out to be true. if it turns out that its not man, that its just the earths cycle, or the earth got closer to the sun or the suns actually burning hotter than ever..... none of that should matter.

we should be going ahead producing more efficient cars and products... its win-win. if climate change is our fault, then we did something about it, if its not then we end up with much better products. products that dont go to landfills (which IS a problem right now, one you simply cannot spin the otherway), dont cost a bomb to run, do the tasks we ask efficiently and to a high standard. whats not to love about that?

and like we said... oil will run out, at some point, i dont know when but when it does id at least like to be ready for it

*** please note i am not denying climate change. that is happening for sure. im just not convinced of whats causing it. especially when the current "cause" is the basis of many businesses and a lot of taxes. CO2 is nice and easy to tax the crap out of, but if it was methane or something different all together the government wouldnt have a leg to stand on.

btw methane can be up to 40 times more "green housey" than CO2..... i dont see anything being done about that.

Last edited: