Formula 1 cars poster

settler

Car(s)
VW Corrado VR6
Some of you remember that jpg with f1 cars. Now I've made a new version.

So now list of cars is updated till 2008 and I've corrected some mistakes (if you'll find some please give me an info). Since now I have it in editable version, when I'll find 2009 cars there will be another update

The size is A0 in 300dpi, because I want to print it as a poster. Of course you can print it smaller if you like, but I don't know how small cars would be in that case.

Enjoy and stay tuned for a newer version as soon as I'll find '09 cars. If someone know from where can I download them, let me know.

http://rapidshare.com/files/216550676/f1cars_50-08.rar

Alternative source, use if you have problems with RS.

http://szymon.jasina.pl/f1cars_50-08.rar

Last edited:
Hmm thats odd, Photo Gallery wont open it for me (opened it in Photoshop). Nice effort though, thanks for sharing! :)

I think maybe problem is that the picture is too big. I'm using ACDSee and there is no problem. Exporting from Corel Draw to bmp and saving jpg by Corel Photopaint or Photoshop didn't help.

So use some proper image viewer and it should be ok. ;)

The only bad idea to me is the RS link.

My country's ISPs suck on dynamic IPs and I cant bloody download it stating that my IP now is currently downloading another file.

Hmph! :(

Ok, for those who have problems with RS there will be another source. Wait a sec.

You're welcome. :)
And thanks for uploading.

I had posted something similar a while ago, here's a fresh upload of it.

That's the one I've mentioned in the first post. Since editing that one will give crappy quality, will be inconvenient for editing and there was some mistakes so I've made a new one.

Awesome poster +rep for you!

It looks like multiple A4-sized printouts joined together to make one hugeeeeeeeeeeeee poster.

Has anyone gone through and cherry picked just single teams? It would awesome to see F1 through just the evolution of just the Ferrari profiles...

Did it manually, didn't want the software to make the cut over the car. So just made 6 crops, printed, taped :)

can you upload the crops somewhere? I am a photoshop noob, just tried to print the whole thing here at work on an A3 printer, and even then the cars are WAY too tiny.

6xA3 would work perhaps?

I made this pdf and printed it:

http://files.phyrefile.com/file/2009/04/08/f1carstiled.pdf

Note, that the pages are centered vertically, and the last 2 pages are different due to having 11 rows instead of 10. Horizontally they are all the same. This didn't matter for me, as I had to cut the borders (due to printer's margins) manually anyway.

6xA4 are still a tad tiny, if you can print it on 6xA3 that will be great, it will be as wide as a full A0.

thank you lots.

i'll try to print this in A3 format and tell/show you guys what it looks like

impossible for me to take pictures, 6xA3is huge...

kinda disappointed too, the cars are nice and detailed but theres a huge white border around them all, maybe I'll have to tweak it some more...