Formula 1 Dream Team Competition on Sportal

It was a disappointing start of the season for Green Cow Commuting but season openers are always unpredictable and this one was even more so. Forgetting to assign a captain combined with Vettel's incident with Kubica really killed me this time. But there's still a long season ahead so I'll press on toward Malaysia and hope for better results.

haha if only you changed "really killed me this time" to "was a dissapointment for us" and thanked your sponsors and the team - it would have been a perfect post race comment:lol:

season openers are always unpredictable and this one was even more so.

I have a feeling 80% of our league didn't take any notice what so ever of pre season testing :X

Leaving out Button and both Brawn cars is silly :p

ooooooooooooh, hamilton's disqualification could put me on more points, the current #1 has both a merc and hamilton in his team so he should drop behind me. I also have a toyota but don't have Trulli so even tho my points should go up, other people who have Trulli in their team may overtake me.

Last edited:
So with Hamilton DQ and Trulli back to 3rd, will they change back the points?

was going to ask the same question too. i hope they do!

oooooooooooh, hamilton's disqualification could put me on more points, the current #1 has both a merc and hamilton in his team so he should drop behind me. I also have a toyota but don't have Trulli so even tho my points should go up, other people who have Trulli in their team may overtake me.

Speaking with my Dream Team cap on, Trulli being reinstated is only good news for me! :D

However, we're all aware of the discussions in the other thread...:rolleyes:

At the beginning of the Malaysian Grand Prix I traded in Heidfeld for Jarno Trulli.
So my team now consists of Button (capt), Hamilton, Rosberg, Trulli. Brawn, Brawn, Williams, BMW.

Swapped out my Williams for a Ferrari, hard to try and gleam any real data from friday practise 1&2, every car was so closely bunched that come qualifying tomorrow it could be anyone's game.

I think sticking with the core "diffuser three" either with drivers or the cars is sensible. The reason Williams was sacrificed over Toyota is that I rate Trulli and Glock as partners over Rosberg and Nakajima.

Real hard trying to figure out if I should swap up a driver tho :/

I was hoping to not use two trades this round but have swapped out a BMW for a Red Bull. The BMWs pace (or lack thereof) in practicing worries me, and I already used a trade swapping Rosberg for Kubica. Hopefully that decision doesn't come back to bite me on the arse. Now runnings Button, Vettel, Kubica and Glock, and Brawn, Williams, Toyota and Red Bull.

...Oh shit Vettel has a 10 place grid penalty. I'm screwed.

I made my changes just after the race in australia... next time i will wait till practice ;) I sold a ferrari ;)

Rubens 5 place grid penalty for the race isn't going to be fun, but hey, he's in a brawn, so he'll be at the front in the first lap :lol:

oh shit I fell asleep and forgot to change my team

God damn, Flying Finn Racing is going to go downhill.

I showed Alonso the door and was torn between Trulli and Vettel. Very well aware of the fact that Vettel would be dropped 10 places for Malaysia, I still took him. Some stupidass "gut feeling" told me I shouldn't go for Trulli. And now he is in the front row with Jenson.

Shows just how much I know....shit.

Well, half my team didn't finish, so that's disappointing, but Button (who is still captain) and Glock got on the grid so that kind of makes up for it, and all my cars finished in the points. Wonder if it'll be half points for this as well?

Jeez, I should have just left my team exactly as it was last week, I swapped a williams for a Ferrari due to them completely dominating friday practice and then they just destroy themselves with stupid race tactics

Although, let's not talk too soon...if Melbourne and tonight's incredibly confusing result is anything to go by, there could yet be amendments to the final standings!