Formula 1 Dream Team Competition on Sportal

ladora

Not A Dude
I LOL-ed at Glock's comments during the race.

"When I was on the grid I was told I was P2, then on the podium I was P3, and now I'm in P3, I hope when I go back down to my team I'll still be in P3!"

Mercury

Car(s)
VW Golf GTI MKV
I LOL-ed at Glock's comments during the race.

"When I was on the grid I was told I was P2, then on the podium I was P3, and now I'm in P3, I hope when I go back down to my team I'll still be in P3!"

Lemme fix that for you....

"on the track I was told I'm P1, then I saw Jenson coming out of the pit ahead of me so I was P2, and now I'm P3. I hope by the time we get down I won't be P4"
That's pretty much it as i remember it. It was funny indeed ;)

Last edited:

fusen

Lemme fix that for you....

"on the track I was told I'm P1, then I saw Jenson coming out of the pit ahead of me so I was P2, and now I'm P3. I hope by the time we get down I won't be P4"
That's pretty much it as i remember it. It was funny indeed ;)

unless we watched different races yours is completely wrong lol, I remember it as exactly as originally quoted.

Mercury

Car(s)
VW Golf GTI MKV
unless we watched different races yours is completely wrong lol, I remember it as exactly as originally quoted.
My engineer told me when I did the pit stop ?you are leading the race,? so I said ?okay, I don?t push because I want to save the tyres.? Then I saw Jenson coming out just ahead of me, so I was P2. Then I jumped out of the car and now I am here I am P3. So hopefully when I come back down I will still be in P3. That?s what I am hoping for.
- Official press conference transcript.

I did watch that press conference ya know :p

fusen

- Official press conference transcript.

I did watch that press conference ya know :p

except you involved P4 which is why I thought it was wrong as I remembered he never mentioned it :p

gti138

Car(s)
Peugeot 206 GTi & Mazda CX-7
Round 2 Scores are in...

melbournian

Car(s)
2003 Honda Jazz VTi-S
Ugh, 11th. Did not help that Kubica and Vettel DNFed again. Definitely waiting until after the 14th to make any changes...

Sir Stiggington

Car(s)
McLaren Mercedes MP4/23 :P
2nd :)

ladora

Not A Dude
33rd. :O

Mercury

Car(s)
VW Golf GTI MKV
Well I scored the highest in our league this week (980 pts) and 32nd weekly overall. Not a bad week at all :D

Jumped from 25th place in league to 13th and from 1093 in general to 261. just a couple more weeks like this one and it's all good :)

BTW anyone notice that our league is ranked 20 of 487? Not bad at all I would say given how big it is now.

Last edited:

fusen

I really want to back Vettel soon, he's just begging to finish on the podium and so far has the car to do it, now that he doesn't have any silly penalties left I think I'll see how fast he is in Friday practise.

Luckily for me my swap of williams for ferrari only cost me 10 points.

Also Nakajima is really letting Williams down considering the car they have.

The current number one has really driven home the message of the diffuser three xD

He's gone both Brawn cars + drivers and both Toyota cars + drivers. Clever man :p

Red_Bull

Gives you wings?
Car(s)
Holden Commodore SV6 MY14
He's gone both Brawn cars + drivers and both Toyota cars + drivers. Clever man :p

Yeah, I've considered that, but it's awfully risky. You can earn major points by doubling up teams but if one or both cars have a bad race then you're screwed.

ladora

Not A Dude
I'll be sticking with my line up of Vettel, button, Rosberg, and raikkonen for now. I feel so utterly tempted to let go of raikkonen but the fan in me won't let me. Will be sticking with the same cars too - both brawns, williams, and ferrari.

Damn damn rosberg. I was expecting much more from him! :(

fusen

Yeah, I've considered that, but it's awfully risky. You can earn major points by doubling up teams but if one or both cars have a bad race then you're screwed.

Tbh it's a bit silly NOT choosing both Brawns, everyone in the top 10 total has at least both brawns chosen. Can't really get away from points if you go this route :p

Basically sticking with anyone but the top 5 drivers / diffuser three + red bull seems like you aren't trying for points and are just backing your favourite teams/drivers.

Cellos88GT

Car(s)
2 Fox Mustangs and a '00 VFR
30th on Virtual Sports... boo...

&

13th on Sportal Fantasy

Ferrari will make an amazing comeback once we really get into the season.

Last edited: