Formula 1 Dream Team Competition on Sportal

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice! I'm up to 13th after being 20th after Round 1. If I get a good round in Bahrain I can haul myself into the top ten.

Last edited:
Nice, I jumped 10 places this round. :)

I had Trulli and Rosberg in my team :)

However I did climb three spots to 33th :p

6th! YESSSSSSSSS!!!!

I was expecting much worse. I guess no point crying over spilt milk and what might have been with two RBR drivers, this time I will keep an eye on the lockout and not miss getting rid of Kubica.

Did not see 5th place coming, especially since being out of the country I missed all the FPs and was lumbered with the millstone that is Ferrari, who have now been replaced with RBR. Will probably keep this arrangement for a while, with an eye on Toyota and Glock.

Btw, our league is 20th overall. Not bad going.

Last edited:
Still 3rd....or was I second?...

My team is propping up the back end of the grid just fine. I look forward to us being the Force India of VirtualSports! :p

We need good averages if we want to do well in the rankings! We're at a disadvantage because all the leagues ahead of FG are much smaller. There's one with just one bloke (or non-bloke) in it...

I just went out on a limb and chucked out a Williams in favor of a McLaren.
I'm gonna wait for FP1 & 2 and then I might change out Trulli or Rosberg, not sure who I'd replace them with though.

I've made 2 changes, which could go horribly wrong but I have a feeling in this nice dry weather with no environmental safety cars likely, 2 x Brawn and 2 x Toyota is a safe bet, and then swapping out Trulli for Vettel who may try and go light on fuel and get pole again.

At this stage I'm just trying to think differently and gamble from the others in the overall top 10 so I can make a decent lead, instead of sticking with the typical idea for this GP which will be 2 x Brawn and 2 x Red Bull just because their car worked so well in the wet.

I have also gone the risky way: Rosberg gone, Webber in, Williams gone, Red Bull in - making my lineup Button, Barrichello, Vettel, Webber, Brawn, Brawn, Red Bull, Toyota.

I was seriously thinking of taking either Mclaren or Hamilton in, but decided against it for now. Of course with my usual luck Rosberg will take pole and win the race, and DNF for both Red Bulls...:rolleyes:

We'll see how this works, because Mclaren has shown an improvement in their pace and the others are catching up to Brawn & Toyota, the two most consistent teams so far. I call my lineup risky, because Red Bull has yet to make a real dent on the opposition + all the other improving. Also it's always risky to rely on only two teams.

I'd say Both Brawns (cars & drivers), one Mclaren car, one Toyota car and maybe Rosberg and Vettel, or perhaps Hamilton, could be a pretty good way to go for Bahrain.

Last edited:
I have also gone the risky way: Rosberg gone, Webber in, Williams gone, Red Bull in - making my lineup Button, Barrichello, Vettel, Webber, Brawn, Brawn, Red Bull, Toyota.

We've got almost identical lineups now. Except for Webber -I have Glock in his place.

Mclaren only seem good because of their progress so far, as a real contender then I wouldn't go anywhere near them if you want points. Having a team made up of Brawn/Toyota/Red Bull seems to be the way to go, it's simply finding the correct mix of which cars/drivers to go for within those 3.

We've got almost identical lineups now. Except for Webber -I have Glock in his place.

I'm only one off you aswell, two Toyota's instead of a red bull but same driver lineup.

Last edited:
I had to get my sister to make my trade last night...was out with friends :lol: So now have Button, Barichello (traded out Kubica), Glock and Vettel in Brawn, Williams, Toyota and Red bull.

Damn it damn it damn it damn it!!!! Vettel did nothing but basically drag my team down for the first two races including bringing in a whopping 4 points from Malaysia so he got the boot. Then what does he do? Scores pole and the win. :censored:

Ah well I guess I can't be too upset. 706 points is about the average I got last season and I ended up in the top 10. Here's hoping for some 800+ point rounds to bring me up the rankings.