Formula SAE (student formula)

How long will it be for?

So how are the Aerodynamic developments going?

We're almost at the final chassis design and I'm about to start analysing last year's wings through CFD for next year. After the CFD, move to wind tunnel testing and probably manufacture for next year. Then think of a better mounting system than what we have now, because it takes a hell lot of time to get the wings on and off.

I guess your first event with the new car will be FSAE-Australasia?
Our parts are finally mostly designed and go into production. But the car must be ready for May so that we have time to test.
Formula Student UK and Austria are so early in the calendar. ;)

Karlsruhe also has some cool sponsors. Have you seen their vented brake discs on Facebook? Pretty neat if you ask me.

Since we're in Australia, the only competition we've been doing is the Australiasian one. We're trying to get the car done by June and just do testing for 1/2 year.

If i could ask favor from everyone that they could go to the link below and vote for us. We would like to win the money to help build the car. as you all know the teams are always in need of more money and this would be a great way to do it. It will take 2 seconds of your time to do this. Sorry for the spam on the forum.

http://www.facebook.com/questions/387482027945148/?qa_ref=qts

Karlsruhe's Formula Student team KA RaceIng revealed their new car yesterday. That's the first reveal of a car with the new turbocharged AMG engine.
I'm excited to see if Joanneum tried a different approach to integrate the engine in the monocoque/rear frame.

But I'm most excited to see how our car comes together this year. ;)

btw. saw on pics of FSAE-J that there was a front motor but RWD car! :D

Watched relentless. Great movie. Even though it's inly 30 min you see what effort we all put in our FSAE cars.

Since we're in Australia, the only competition we've been doing is the Australiasian one. We're trying to get the car done by June and just do testing for 1/2 year.

The Monash team is about to leave for the UK and German comps. It is logistically difficult, but doesn't mean it's impossible to get to other comps.

Yeah, but Monash have been winning here 3 years in a row :p

The Monash team is about to leave for the UK and German comps. It is logistically difficult, but doesn't mean it's impossible to get to other comps.

does it take them 11 weeks to get to europe??

Last edited:
Well I wish you guys the best of luck during the competitions. I join in on the FSAE fun this fall! :D

Crazy so many German teams will attend FSAE Michigan this year:
- High Octane Motorsports e.V.
- Rennstall Esslingen
- TuFast (Munich)
- KaRaceIng
- Rennteam Stuttgart

Will be interesting because all cars are 2011 cars but changes could have been made over the winter.