Forum Suggestions / Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd really like to see the weekly Top Gear episode poll format (1-to-10) changed to this:

Excellent
Above Average
Average
Below Average
Fail

Because It's hard to know if someone's rating of 5/10 is 'average' or 'fail'.

The best system would be Thumbs up, thumbs down, and alright. Any more options are confusing (do we all agree on what consisuties a 6 rather than a 7)?

Didn't we have this discussion at the start of every season since I joined (and probably before, as well...)?

Why don't we change the rating to a percentage of approval?
100%
90%
10%

This would have the advantage that it's a scale comparable to the old one.

I am aware of the fact that it's the same scale.

Why don't we just keep things the way they are? Perception of quality is not consistently measureable anyways.

You could do a "How many times did you re-watch the episode" counter though :D

The best system would be Thumbs up, thumbs down, and alright. Any more options are confusing (do we all agree on what consisuties a 6 rather than a 7)?

This is the sort of thing I would like, I don't rate the episodes at the moment because I can't give numbers to the way I feel about them.

It's not rocket science...

10 = perfect
9 = nearly perfect
5 = average
1 = worst episode ever

Is it really that hard to rate something?

It's not rocket science...

10 = perfect
9 = nearly perfect
5 = average
1 = worst episode ever

Is it really that hard to rate something?

I still think we should have

100% = perfect
90% = nearly perfect
50% = average
10% = worst episode ever

It's obviously totally more intuitive and a different scale that would make all the difference!!!111!!!

/troll

Or we could recognize that this is the Internet and no matter what rating system is picked you will have fanboys who want to say the scaled doesn't go up to eleventy billion and trolls/haters who complain that the scale doen't drop to negative a million hundred.

It doesn't matter what scale you use, the comments and discussion will be the same.

I'd really like to see the weekly Top Gear episode poll format (1-to-10) changed to this:

Excellent
Above Average
Average
Below Average
Fail

And it's really hard to get an overall average out of just text.

Excellent
Above Average
Average
Below Average
Fail

that wouldn't work.
if you have 3 good episodes, and you rate them "above average"
then the average will have changed, and they will just have become average, while the results of the poll would stick...

EDIT: i just read what i wrote 3 more times, and i'm not sure i'm talking sense, i think i do, but i'm not sure.

Last edited:

Excellent
Above Average
Average
Below Average
Fail

That's actually perfect. If you attach values to them words, then you have a likert scale, with 5 = excellent and 1 = fail. That way when you aggregate the votes and you get a number of say 4.3 then thats closer to 4 and that means its above average overall.

i.e:
5 = excellent
4 = above average
3 = average
2 = below average
1 = fail

Marketers use likert scales all the time for surveys. And this can be put into an electronic poll, which allows for comments.

Excellent
Above Average
Average
Below Average
Fail

That's actually perfect. If you attach values to them words, then you have a likert scale, with 5 = excellent and 1 = fail. That way when you aggregate the votes and you get a number of say 4.3 then thats closer to 4 and that means its above average overall.

i.e:
5 = excellent
4 = above average
3 = average
2 = below average
1 = fail

Marketers use likert scales all the time for surveys. And this can be put into an electronic poll, which allows for comments.

Never before have so many said so much about something that matters so little.

"Why you arguing what's already been decided?" ~ Malcolm Reyndolds

Last edited:
Now when hotlinking images, after clicking on copy image location and firefox and entering the URL, it often comes up as an invalid URL, but when I type IMG tags as normal it works fine.

Am I doing something wrong here?

I can't start a new thread. I've tried logging out, logging back in, clearing cache/cookies/data, and all I get is a white screen. I'm going to go ahead and blame the new text box that doesn't work for good measure, but just in case it's not related, here's my problem over here.

I'm on my ancient laptop using Firefox 3.something.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.