Forum Suggestions / Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might just be a false alarm but why aren't my youtube embeds showing up? They just show the coding for it. Is it just something that sorts itself out over time?

Hopefully the forums are now release-day proof. Let us know if you break them.

Did a few minor changes, server should be really happy now.

Is there a new inactivity timeout setting or option?
Recently, when I am signed in, and leave to do something else* for ten minutes (?) or so, when I return I have been signed out by the system.
The system never used to do this, I have checked User CP for new options, without finding anything. :)

* OK, making a cup of tea then drinking it.

Check the "Remember Me" box when logging in. If you don't, you'll be logged out after 15 minutes.

Note to self:
make a mobile friendly theme for vb4 when I get back.

Finalgear looks fine to me on my iPhone, but it did look really bad on my old phone, so it wouldn't bother me either way.

Also, got a lot of "the server is too busy, try again in 1-2 minutes" messages from vBulletin during peak time (the hour after Top Gear finished) this morning. Using Firefox 3.5.something, first time I've seen that :S

Also, got a lot of "the server is too busy, try again in 1-2 minutes" messages from vBulletin during peak time (the hour after Top Gear finished) this morning. Using Firefox 3.5.something, first time I've seen that :S

Apparently the load balancer didn't properly spread the load between the two servers, so it overloaded one of them and vB started turning people away to avoid the forums breaking.

It doesn't make sense to plan a theme for VB3(what we run now), as switching/upgrading to VB4 makes all past themes incompatible.

The mobile theme will disable most of the addons, and make reading+posting+navigation simple.

Yerr who changed my avatar? Something's gone horribly wrong or somebody got hold of my password. Eitherway, anyone know how to change it back?

Yerr who changed my avatar? Something's gone horribly wrong or somebody got hold of my password. Eitherway, anyone know how to change it back?
Huh?

Your avatar is a DBS, the same as it has been for a while. Try clearing your browser cache and looking again. :)

Yeah, we don't see any changes...

Status
Not open for further replies.