Forum Suggestions / Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were server problems, but unfortunately I was not at a computer so I didn't hear about them until Viper txted me. Everything was fixed ~20 minutes after that, once I hit the servers with the unfail hammer a bit.

Once again I don't receive a mail when somebody replied to a subscribed thread. :(
Discard this, now I receive them again...

Additional, sometimes when I post something I get "503 Gateway timeout" but the post is generated when I go to the thread afterwards.
That's still prevailing.

There were server problems, but unfortunately I was not at a computer so I didn't hear about them until Viper txted me. Everything was fixed ~20 minutes after that, once I hit the servers with the unfail hammer a bit.

The issue came back again this morning. I fixed it quickly, and have implemented some server tweaks that will hopefully prevent it from occurring again, and at the very least will give me more information to debug the issue if it persists.

Sometimes when I post something I get "503 Gateway timeout" but the post is generated when I go to the thread afterwards.

I have not encountered that problem, but it basically means that the backend server took too long to respond and the load-balancer gave up. Your post still gets through, because the backend is working on it, it just had to wait longer than usual for php or the database to open up.

Last edited:
It's been worse than reddit today (from around 2pm-5pm UTC), and that' saying something...

Thanks for taking care of the sick server(s), PC.

Currently, there's 2 threads dedicated to the MX-5 family of cars. Even though one started off as a poll thread and the other is just a normal discussion, it seems the poll thread started drifting off into general MX-5 discussion as well. Maybe a merger into one would be good?

The second thread you linked is the thread about thedguy's MX-5 in the post your car forum. General Miata talk should be in the other thread.

Reporting the various threads/posts is the appropriate way to suggest this sort of thing.

Is the forum supposed to have this... default(?) theme? There isn't even a last page button. [edit] oh yes there is you liar.[/edit]

Last edited:
No more User Control Panel link? I feel so lost without it. :sadpanda:

On the usercp page in the list of the threads I'm subscribed to I can no longer click on the big icon at the far left but have to click a smaller image between the big one and the title of the page to get to the last read post of that thread.

On the usercp page in the list of the threads I'm subscribed to I can no longer click on the big icon at the far left but have to click a smaller image between the big one and the title of the page to get to the last read post of that thread.
I can't reproduce it. Refresh the page and try it again.

I'm getting the same thing. I will post back in here if I can reproduce it; I really like that feature when I'm on my phone.

Edit: it seems ok on the iPad, but my Android phone is now kicking an error when I try to get to the UserCP. It is a default message saying that the content is not supported on mobile devices.

Last edited:
it didnt work for me, i force refreshed and it worked \o/

Status
Not open for further replies.