Forum Suggestions / Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing to do with hotlinking. Some things were just broken during the move. PacketCollision will work on fixing it tonight he says.

I asked - why can'twe hotlink here tou our avatars, hosted on other servers? I can host mine on my space, for example.

I asked - why can'twe hotlink here tou our avatars, hosted on other servers? I can host mine on my space, for example.

Because then width/height and filesize rules cannot be enforced, other sites can be slow/down, and there's security issues with doing that.

Things should be working better now.

What's going on here?

WCOdd.png

Last edited:
1.920 x 1.040 Pixel isn't big enough? ;) Just open the picture in a new window, the resize-function in the forum is still broke.

Regarding the message: on the first page of this thread a picture from carenvy.ca is embedded, somehow the browser (I guess Chrome) counts everything from that URL as possible malware infected.

Gent's I'm not sure how major an issue this is. Posts I made last night are not here after the sites has been moved. Made a post in Random Thoughts [off topic] and DrGrip did respond, but now they're not there.

Gent's I'm not sure how major an issue this is. Posts I made last night are not here after the sites has been moved. Made a post in Random Thoughts [off topic] and DrGrip did respond, but now they're not there.

We moved servers but the forums were shut off by the SOPA message before we transferred the database. Nothing should have been lost. Hmm.

Just another thing, and I'm not sure how the mechanics of it works, but clicking the next unread post icon for the threads took me to the post of the section I read last night. Like the last visit didn't happen.

Unfortunately it's too late to do anything about it now. We've have to lose all posts made in the last couple hours. No way to merge.

All good, not as if my earth shattering or anything :)

Ahh that explains it...i could have swore things were slightly different....

Yeah sorry about that, it looks like the final database import I did before turning the site back on failed but said it succeeded. If anyone is seriously inconvenienced by losing some long, intricate post, PM me and I'll do my best to pull it up on the old server and send you the text. This offer expires at the end of this week.

Yeah sorry about that, it looks like the final database import I did before turning the site back on failed but said it succeeded. If anyone is seriously inconvenienced by losing some long, intricate post, PM me and I'll do my best to pull it up on the old server and send you the text. This offer expires at the end of this week.

Not gonna get a request from me, I was just curious that's all. The auto save function of the post editor caught mine for easy reposting. Even if it didn't I wouldn't bother you guys over something like that, ya'll work hard enough as it is and this is a free resource, I don't expect perfection . :)

Status
Not open for further replies.