Forum Suggestions / Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feels quite slow again today :|

.. and has been again today for the last hour or so, with up to 25s response times but then just a couple of seconds. :think:

However, I just had a 504 Timeout. Re-loaded OK, but slow-ish.

Is something breaking or chokeing ? :unsure:

EDIT: Posting replies to Threads seems to be the bigger problem.

Last edited:
It's been slow for me since at least Thursday. At work and at home(think I said that before?) 100/100 at home and gigabit at work.

Looking into moving servers again. This box just doesn't have the power to handle the Clarkson traffic spikes.

I was about to post that but you probably out it way better than I could.

We moved servers, let me know what I broke.

It auto double posts for some weird reason.

- - - Updated - - -

either the editor is broken or the Anti-Spam automatic is a bit too sensitive.

when i hit the "Post Quick Reply" i get immediately this
pTzQIBv.png

switching to advance mode works though.

Last edited:
Yeah, I just posted that post. At first it didn't show up, but when I went into the General Automotive-section and opened the thread again the video has been posted twice and the forum auto-merged the posts.

When I posted this very post via Quick Reply I received the same message as Bobele23 as well.

Last edited:
Last edited:
One more thing: even though in my General Settings (o7) the setting for the Default Thread Subscription Mode is on "Do not subscribe" a thread is getting subscribed when I post a reply, it doesn't matter whether I use the Quick Reply or the advanced editor.

[edit]
When you change the setting, save it and change it to "Do not subscribe" again it seems the bug is gone.
[/edit]

It looks like there's a problem with the way I set up some workarounds to deal with incompatibilities between vbseo and both modern versions of php and with hhvm.

I'm working on a fix now.

Hopefully the double-posting issue is fixed now.

<technobabble>
I was using Facebook's HHVM to get better speed, and because I was having some issues with regular php. I had it set up to fall back to regular php on failure, but it appears that somewhere late in the posting process (maybe in the redirect at the end), hhvm was failing, so the post would be tried again with php, resulting in duplicate posts. I fixed the issues with plain php and disabled hhvm, so it should work normally now.
</technobabble>

Did some of the avatars break?

Yes, I forgot that I needed to resync the user data since I did it a week ago when I started with the server setup. They should be fixed now. I also fixed attachments, which I noticed were broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.