Forum Suggestions / Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, submitting a post works like 50% of the time. Or it works but I have to hit F5 to see my post.

The forum is much faster now that it's on a new server, good job. :thumbsup:

Use the report post button. It's there for a reason. When you use it, mods get an email. When you post here, we don't. Nor can we be in every forum at once.

Last edited:
That's kinda difficult, since the Post keeps itself refreshing every half second. So you can't press the report button in most cases.

Use the report post button. It's there for a reason. When you use it, mods get an email. When you post here, we don't. Nor can we be in every forum at once.

What Bobele said. If I could get to it, sure, but with the constant refreshing, it never fully loads (which I thought was some kind of bug, as I've never noticed it before recently), there is no way to be able to report it.

The "heart" bug is back - when one quotes a post where someone has inserted the heart emoticon, the user's reply will be cut off after the emoticon when it's submitted.

I'm running Chrome 41 on Windows 7 (work computer). It's happened at home too before a while ago.

EDIT: I have a screenshot but I can't upload it at work. I can email it if desired.

Last edited:
I received a PM today, but didn't receive an e-mail for that even though it's activated.

Additionally, the hiccups with double- or triple-posts seem to have re-appeared. :(

I received a PM today, but didn't receive an e-mail for that even though it's activated.

Additionally, the hiccups with double- or triple-posts seem to have re-appeared. :(

Yeah. Chrome asked me as usual if I want to leave the page when I post and then got a 504 and this got posted.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. Chrome asked me as usual if I want to leave the page when I post and then got a 504 and this got posted.

Edit: As you can see above. The thing is that the post gets auto-saved as the page refreshes to post it.
Edit2: Now I'm subscribed to this thread without doing anything.

Last edited:
Glitching for me too. First time ever.
Page is asking if I want to leave and lose whatever is written. Once I hit post it just hangs for a minute.

I didn't even hit post on this comment and it's here anyway...

Last edited:
Posting should be fixed, but Tapatalk is temporarily broken.
Edit: Nope. Delayed on posting this.

Last edited:
PM - System is broken :( . Everytime I try to send something I get a 504- Gateway timeout. Then reload the User CP and trying again gets me an 60s timeout between messages, although i didn't send anything out.

- - - Updated - - -

also posting quick replies takes ages and i got an php error while loading the page after submitting my post (couldn't take a screenshot unfotunately).

PM - System is broken :( . Everytime I try to send something I get a 504- Gateway timeout. Then reload the User CP and trying again gets me an 60s timeout between messages, although i didn't send anything out.
You did, I have three PMs from you now. :p Should be in your sent items as well, given that you checked the box that a copy of sent items should be saved in your sent items folder.

[edit]
Oh, but I still don't receive an e-mail for a received PM even though it's activated in my settings.
[/edit]

Last edited:
Php error

DDd8XhW.png

Even more so, the double, triple, and in a case that happened to me even quadruple post is not the only issue - even PMs get sended multiple times. You click on send, it loads endlessly, you might think your internet connection is gone, you click send again, and it does send it again even though it has been sended in the first place.

Edit2: Now I'm subscribed to this thread without doing anything.

I think this problem is existing for quite some time by now.
I have cases with threads that I visit multiple times on a daily basis every day, and somehow the system won't subscribe me.
And then there are threads which I literally visit only once and then never again and it subscribes me for whatever reason, sometimes even without posting anything.
I don't understand how it works.

Even more so, the double, triple, and in a case that happened to me even quadruple post is not the only issue - even PMs get sended multiple times. You click on send, it loads endlessly, you might think your internet connection is gone, you click send again, and it does send it again even though it has been sended in the first place.
You were replying to someone who either had a subscription notification on the thread, was using Tapatalk with notifications, or had email alerts.
PHP was trying to connect out to the API servers, and it would halt everything due to a networking glitch. Since it couldn't connect, your post would register in the system, but would get a timeout rather than error.

Tapatalk is still broken as of 7:52PM Central Time.(UTC -6 I think?)

about an hour ago I had a 504 error when posting. For the past two or so days posting hangs, asks if I want to leave the page with losing content. I chose "leave page" and my post made it to the thread.

Edit....

Posting is all good now. Thanks quiky!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.