Forum Suggestions / Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually have a screenshot now of the broken reply issue:

E348rom.png

He used the "annoyed" emoticon. Everything after the "annoyed" emoticon including my reply was erased when i submitted my post.

My home PC is running Windows 7 x64 with Chrome 42.

The "heart" bug is back - when one quotes a post where someone has inserted the heart emoticon, the user's reply will be cut off after the emoticon when it's submitted.

I'm running Chrome 41 on Windows 7 (work computer). It's happened at home too before a while ago.

EDIT: I have a screenshot but I can't upload it at work. I can email it if desired.

Last edited:
We had some grounds with an upgrade and this is probably related. I'll fix it today.

We had some grounds with an upgrade and this is probably related. I'll fix it today.

Thanks, I was cursing my work internet connection for bugging out initially. :lol:

It should be working now. Let me know if I'm wrong about that.

Yep, working now. Thanks. :)

I did some maintenance on the server tonight. It seems to have gone fine, but let me know if you see any issues.

All smiles over here.

For the last couple of weeks I've noticed most peoples avatars are not loading on the forums for example I get a black X and MUGEN02's Avatar(in red text). I'm using IE 11 fully updated. I've deleted the cookies for this site and cache but it didn't fix the problem.

The "jump to newest post" button has not work for me in a long time. The one right in front of the thread title. It also never refreshes after a post to where my post is. I am assuming they are related. It just drops me at the top of the page of whatever page the newest post is on. I am running Opera 12.17.

Last edited:
The "jump to newest post" button has not work for me in a long time. The one right in front of the thread title. It also never refreshes after a post to where my post is. I am assuming they are related. It just drops me at the top of the page of whatever page the newest post is on. I am running Opera 12.17.

Just to eliminate Opera being the issue, can you try in Firefox and/or Chrome?

I have an old installation of Opera 12.17 on my machine and I can confirm that behaviour. Firefox is fine so Opera is the issue, but as Opera 12.17 hasn't been updated sinc essentially two years it's a seriously outdated browser now.

Another issue for me: yesterday there were some instances of 502 bad gateway.

I have an old installation of Opera 12.17 on my machine and I can confirm that behaviour. Firefox is fine so Opera is the issue, but as Opera 12.17 hasn't been updated sinc essentially two years it's a seriously outdated browser now.

Thanks. I wasn't sure how old 12.17 was.

We don't support old browser versions. Upgrade! :)

Another issue for me: yesterday there were some instances of 502 bad gateway.
I'm getting the 502 bad gateway more often now, not just once in a while but on every third or fourth request.

I'm still experiencing the "you quote a post with a specific smiley and anything after the smiley in your reply gets cut off* error. This is on a up to date Firefox running on the latest Lubuntu

Is it just me or did the forum change to reload the whole page every time you quick reply to a thread. Was just playing a video in Idiots+Cars when I posted a reply and the reload interrupted the video. IIRC it used to not do that and just add the new post to the same page.

For the last couple of weeks I've noticed most peoples avatars are not loading on the forums for example I get a black X and MUGEN02's Avatar(in red text). I'm using IE 11 fully updated. I've deleted the cookies for this site and cache but it didn't fix the problem.
I'm still having this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.