Forum Suggestions / Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the multiquote issue ever resolved? Every time I go to reply to a thread I've previously quoted stuff in, the quotes automatically get populated into the reply box if I try to quote another post.

We haven't touched anything, and I can't reproduce it. It's worth noting that I believe this functionality is provided by cookies so you browser may not be playing nice or have corrupted cookies (try clearing them).

I occasionally get that, but I didn't know it had to do with cookies.
I'll try clearing them when it happens again and see if it fixes the issue.

I'm suddenly getting invalid image or URL errors whenever trying to update my avatar or attach an image. Tried jpg, gif and png.

One example image:
http://pic.armedcats.net/m/ma/matt2000/2015/05/06/Discos2.png

http://pic.armedcats.net/m/ma/matt2000/2015/05/06/Discos.jpg

We had some grounds with an upgrade and this is probably related. I'll fix it today.
Anyone else still encountering this issue when attaching images to posts? I'm working around it with armedcats for the time being.

^seems like it

mods, please don't do that anymore :lol:

Well, this is weird. The 1001 uses for the Stig thread is showing up on my subscribed thread list with a last post made yesterday by RoberRacer, but I can't see that last post. The last post I see is by Four Five Eight on Aug. 16. The thread is always there as a Subscribed Thread with New Posts.

Banned spambot? They usually get deleted.

I tried using Edge (surprisingly good!) but I ran into an annoying issue.
Sometimes it does not acknowledge that I clicked on the text box on "Quick reply" or anywhere else, therefore preventing me from posting.

Even if the new show doesn't have a name yet, maybe Gear Knobs, i think it's time to create a new forum for it. Or even just change the name of the old Top Gear forum and call it "Top Gear (2002 - 2015) & Gear Knobs (possible name of the show)" and then change the sub-foruns accordingly. Filming as already began, as you can see by Clarkson's twitter account, with La Ferrari, P1 and Porsche 918.

Filming as already began, where will people discuss it since there's no new forum?

My opinion is that since the team (presenters) are the same, the new show and the old Top Gear should be in one forum only so people will discuss everything from them in one place, and create a new forum for the new Top Gear because it will be different. So the forum should have something like this:

:arrow: Top Gear (2002 - 2015) and Gear Knobs

:arrow: Top Gear (2016 - )

There are already some posts about the new show on the Top Gear forum, so leave them there. The posts about the new Top Gear with Chris Evans should be moved to the new forum called Top Gear (2016 - ).

What do you people think? What is the solution forum administrators are thinking? The main idea is that i think the old Top Gear discussions shouln't be in the same forum as the new Top Gear.

Last edited:
Apparently there was a spam-post which got hidden by the admins so the forums don't recognize the post-ID. If you open the thread without post id (ie just click on page 2 without clicking on "go to last post") it doesn't reload infinitely.

I have a notification for a friend request (suprise, I know), but can't accept it. When I click on "Save changes" to accept, just nothing happens. Notification stays... Sorry, brotan, I tried :(

I'm an idiot and forgot a checkbox. Never mind.

I'm scrolling down the CAPS LOCK thread and can't get past the post #11529 without the page crashing. (Getting blacked out "OOPS" Chrome message)

Found the fault. :p

In post 11530 there is a jpg which is 10k Pixel by 9.9k Pixel posted by PaperBiro, maybe Chrome can't handle such a jpg, even though it's just 1 MB in size. Firefox loads and resizes it just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.