Forum Suggestions / Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
There. My client failed update due to corrupt googleupdate.exe file. Job done, everyone thankyou for your cooperation (c)

since a while, when i open multiple pages to a new tab
they only load when i give focus to that tab, and focus remains on top of the page and doesn't go the first unread post
have this both at home and at work (both chrome)
anyone else has this issue?

(both chrome)
Problem found...

Try Firefox, Chrome sometimes acts weird after updates. Since Chrome usually updates itself automatically both installations are affected.

Loading when you're on the tab is a Chrome feature I believe. Same thing happens when you open a YT video in a new tab and it only starts when you go to the tab.

since a while, when i open multiple pages to a new tab
they only load when i give focus to that tab, and focus remains on top of the page and doesn't go the first unread post
have this both at home and at work (both chrome)
anyone else has this issue?
Happens to me in chrome if the post it tries to load to is from a person on my ignore list.

thanks!
don't think it's a chrome feature, because it doesn't happen always, and sometime only on half the tabs i opened

the ignore list thing can't be the problem, caus i don't have anyone on ignore...

Last edited:
I'm gonna re bring this bug up.

Say someone types something and uses the "beating heart" emoticon.

If you reply to that post, anything they've typed after the "beating heart" emoticon including your reply disappears.

It's occurred for years, across multiple computers, across multiple Windows OS's and even on my phone.

I'm not crazy, I swear this is happening.

Well, we have a test-subforum for that - I opened a thread there. Can you reply to that including the heart-emoticon?

I'm gonna re bring this bug up.

Say someone types something and uses the "beating heart" emoticon.

If you reply to that post, anything they've typed after the "beating heart" emoticon including your reply disappears.

It's occurred for years, across multiple computers, across multiple Windows OS's and even on my phone.

I'm not crazy, I swear this is happening.

I have experienced the bug as well, it is triggered by the < character. I believe it has come and gone over the years.

E-Mail notifications don't seem to work. :( I subscribed to two threads with the option of instant notification per e-mail where other people replied, but I didn't get an e-mail for either of those threads.

Of course, that was the first thing I checked when I noticed that. Additionally, I get daily spam reports where not a single E-Mail from finalgear was listed.

For the last couple of weeks I've noticed most peoples avatars are not loading on the forums for example I get a black X and MUGEN02's Avatar(in red text). I'm using IE 11 fully updated. I've deleted the cookies for this site and cache but it didn't fix the problem.
I still have this problem. It happens in IE 11, Edge browser loads avatars fine, but I don't use this browser. Can this be fixed?

We'll be upgrading the version of vBulletin at some point and hopefully that'll fix it.

While Internet Explorer is complete garbage and I have no idea why anyone would choose to use it, we still need to support it.

Funny as it be, and albeit it loads very slow, IE11 still works and loads every page just like chrome does.
AND it still supports java, which we need for some forms-based app we serve to our customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.