Forum Suggestions / Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have the site becoming inaccessible after I try to post something containing a URL, regardless of the browser used. After half an hour or so the access returns.

Currently I can only access the forum via my phone on my phone network data, anything connected to my home internet won't connect... Something tied to my IP?

It's almost as if it's some kind of malfunctioning DOS protection, blocking an IP for a certain length of time.

That should be relatively easy to verify. you just have to check if the error code it's throwing is a 403. If it's a 500, it's a server-side issue

Nah, it just stops responding to http requests. Ping and tracert resolve properly.

Found the issue, ModSecurity is kicking in whenever a certain URL string hits it for the image proxy.
ModSecurity: Access denied with code 418 (phase 1). Pattern match "(?i:(?:\\\\A|[^\\\\d])0x[a-f\\\\d]{3,}[a-f\\\\d]*)+" at ARGS:image. [file "/dh/apache2/template/etc/mod_sec2/99_dreamhost_rules.conf"] [line "329"] [id "1990091"] [msg "SQL Hex Encoding Identified"] [hostname "forums.finalgear.com"] [uri "/proxy.php"]

Interesting, thanks for looking into it. The emoji that has been converted from part of the code seem appropriate!

Does that also mean the issue has been fixed or is that still being looked into?

After not noticing it for some time I've had the picture bork-thing just now. After the initial load of this thread I saw this (look at narf's avatar, it's the picture which DaBoom embedded in the first post of the thread):

After the first reload (the avatar is correct now, but the 6.9 l/100 km picture in narf's signature is replaced by Leviathan's signature picture):

After the second reload all the pictures are correct:

Similar here, didn't see it for a while, but saw it reappear yesterday.

After DAYS without errors (which I credited to my switch from Windows 10 to Debian*) I get the "here's an image instead of a thread" error.
And it was here! :LOL:

*I know it wasn't it.

I've just realised that as we no longer have the video requests/offers sections we've lost the threads for Wheeler Dealers, Car SOS, etc. Any chance we could have a sub-section under Entertainment for car shows so we can make new threads? I was intending to rant about the latest Car SOS special but I can't. :p

Just noting in this thread we do not have DNS access to the FinalGear.com domain right now. I'm working to establish a backup domain as a "just in case".

Once you have DNS sorted, could you set www and * to redirect to the forums?

Forums will be offline on March 27th for a three hour period to perform server OS upgrades. You may now commence with panicking.

Status
Not open for further replies.