Forum Suggestions / Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
People kept using the site suggestions thread for forum suggestions, so I thought I'd make a seperate thread for the forum.

Found a tiny little thing while looking in the entertainment forum, there is a line missing between the flame and the text in the LFS forum.
http://img53.imageshack.**/img53/17/entertainmentoo8.th.jpg

is there a way so as to only show unviewed posts since the last time i visited, not every unviewed post from previous sessions?

is there a way so as to only show unviewed posts since the last time i visited, not every unviewed post from previous sessions?

No. You'll need to just start getting used to using the "Mark Forums Read" feature which will clear that list out. It can be found in the quick links at the top or at the bottom of the forum home.

<3 1600x1200

Woah, indeed it does.

http://img230.imageshack.**/img230/2408/screenshotge9.th.png

Have you tried hitting control + 0 (reset font size to 100%)?

That is at 100% font size in Firefox 2.0. Screen DPI's not what is assumed to be in Windows -- I'm running at a higher dots-per-inch setting (about 135 dpi). Windows usually is around 96 dpi.

Turns out vBulliten uses points instead of pixel heights for fonts. :(

No it doesn't. Look at the CSS file. There's only one or two font size declarations that are in pt form.

And it's not my fault if you're running a higher DPI. ;) Best I can suggest is you press control and minus a few times to shrink the fonts.

I did, as well as slap it through Firefox's DOM Inspector. I ended up adjusting the CSS styles for the P, TD, TH, LI, STRONG, and TEXTAREA tags as well as the "tcat," "alt2," "bginput," and "bigusername" CSS style classes.

Besides, the Font zoom options affects the browser and doesn't carry over to new tabs. If I pull up, say, Slashdot, I don't have to do any major font adjustments. Spacing adjustments, though....

BTW, have you tried Stylish? It's like Greasemonkey, but meant strictly for CSS rather than Javascript. It's a lot easier to code for if you're just hacking away at how a site looks. ;)

I looked at it, and said "I might as well just use Greasemonkey anyway."

Not a big problem i guess but i just noticed that on the vB code page one of the things is in the wrong place.
It says YouTube Video with Custom title twice, once for the google code.

http://img180.imageshack.**/img180/4461/1qj3.jpg

Oh, whoops! :lol:

Suggestion

Suggestion

Custom User titles?? Or is that reserved for moderators?

Custom User titles?? Or is that reserved for moderators?

It was decided in another thread that only moderators should be able to set them.

My avatar works, but my sig doesn't. :( It is corect size and everything, but it doesint show. :(

My avatar works, but my sig doesn't. :( It is corect size and everything, but it doesint show. :(

You have to enter [sigpic] or something like that in your sig where you want it to show up.

I'm going to turn off that feature though. Having people use ImageShack and the likes is just easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.