Forum Suggestions / Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would be the purpose of that?

Besides, I hate pruning posts / threads / users.

Just curious as to how successful (or not) the report post function has been? Do many people use it? Who does it alert? and so on and so forth.

More people should use it. It's used, but only one or twice a day.

It e-mails all moderators and admins and then makes a new thread in one of the moderator sections of the forums for discussion.

It creates it's own thread in the "Reported posts" section of the moderators forum.

Looks like this:
Reported Post by userxyz

userxyz has reported a post.

Reason: Another spam thread
Forum: General Automotive
Assigned Moderators: N/A

Posted by: spammer
Original Content: www.spamlink.com

So every mod/admin who's online can see the thing and deal with the issue.

Last edited:
just a quick bit of information for people that are using a network that bans Mygamercard.net (give a try on my Xbox link). it will ban any sigs or gamercards from that site. like i can't see mine or anyone else's. Gays!!! :mad:

Eh? Works for me...

well it's only if you're on a network that bans the site.

I thought it would be appropriate if we changed where it says "...host the best automotive television show in the world." to the way Jezza always says it.

11FG1.jpg

"Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, and James May host the best automotive television show.. in the world."

Just a thought.

I thought it would be appropriate if we changed where it says "...host the best automotive television show in the world." to the way Jezza always says it.

11FG1.jpg

"Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, and James May host the best automotive television show.. in the world."

Just a thought.

No good? :lol: :rolleyes:

Clarkson says it that way?

When hes talking about a car its always "It might be the best car.. in the world."

He pauses then puts a big emphasis on the last few words, I thought everyone noticed it.

I love the fact you've added a vehicles sighting sub-forum, excellent, but what do you think to creating an Irvine C&C sticky, and then re-posting each post made in the 'I saw...' thread by the likes of tedb, in chronon order, then new pics just get added weekly by anyone who went.

Its just there has been THE most awesome cars ever go there, plus it weekly so theres always new content, enough id think to qualify as a sticky. Plus I'd like to see some of the posts again that have now got completely lost in the 'I saw...' thread

Dunno if this is some wierd issue with my computer, but when I reload the page I get this:

It's happend 4 times in the last 10 mins, if I click the 'FinalGear.com Forums' in the top or bottom, it's normal, it's only when manually reloading :|

Dunno if this is some wierd issue with my computer, but when I reload the page I get this:

It's happend 4 times in the last 10 mins, if I click the 'FinalGear.com Forums' in the top or bottom, it's normal, it's only when manually reloading :|

I'm getting that. Swap to the US server and it's fine so must be a problem on the European server.

^ Thanks, it worked :)

I EVENTUALLY found the 'top of page' link. Not that easy to find & you have to scroll ALL the way to the bottom of the page to find the link for 'Top'. It's also 'buried' in the bottom right hand corner of the page. It should be after EVERY post imo.

How do I get back to the top of the page from here? Well I have to scroll all the way to the bottom just to go back up again... or I could just scroll up all the way....Hmmm

Please fix this as it's a simple solution to an annoying problem with forums in general....not just FinalGear.com.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.