Forum Suggestions / Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be after EVERY post imo.

Well that'd be rather messy if you ask me.

To be honest, I always just scroll up or hit the "Home" key.

i find the HOME key is my best friend on this site... i think i've nearly worn off the printed text... ;)

Hey Matt & Viper,
You see being 'smart' isn't always the answer.

Now before you both lash out at me please just hear me out :)...

All you have to do is have a link on each post that just brings you back to the top of the page. I don't see it as a problem as I suggested to our web site guy in work & he made a link called 'Top'. Click it & you go to the top of the page. I want to just go to the top of the forum page that I'm looking at....not the start of the whole forum page...HELLO...anyone listening :D

I love this site & I'm just trying to make it a little better for everyone. That's all.

For the record: NO I DON'T LIKE CAPS... :D

All you have to do is have a link on each post that just brings you back to the top of the page.

Again, rather messy and where would it go? There's a "Top" link at the bottom of the site, but do we really need one next to every single post?

When you're done reading, don't you just hit the back button anyway?

Can't reproduce it here..

Still happening on IE7. Tried it on Firefox and worked fine strangely. I'll just have to remember to steer clear of that thread.

Works for me fine in IE7.

Happened a few times already:
I read the posts and when I click the number of the next page, it reloads but remains in the same page. Even if I click directly in the page number or the ">" button. Opening the link in another tab also doesn't work.
Last time it happened was in this thread http://forums.finalgear.com/showthread.php?t=7736&page=24
I can't get page 25 to load. I'm on Firefox 2.0.0.4 , Ubuntu Linux

Page 25 loads fine for me, but that post may have been added while you were writing your post.

Anyway, I've seen the problem though. It's probably from some caching error (like a post was only partially deleted or something). I'll see if I can rebuild the cache without loosing things like thread views.

Rebuilt the thread cache. Lemme know if you see the problem still anywhere.

Thank you! And sorry for posting in the wrong thread...:blush:

No worries. Tons of people do it.

i just had a quick idea for an extra feature. add a box in the profile 'driver status' or something like that. it could be 'non-driver' 'driver' or 'learner'. if you are a non driver the car box gets blanked out. if you're a learner you get an L plate in your profile, like the award icon :)

just an idea, feel free to rip it to shreds

Or when people reference P-plates and whatever... Lots of the world has no idea what the bugger you people are talking about.

Hmm, I like the idea of N-plates for here for all the noobs.

I noticed you have an option to add your xbox live gamer tag. I think it would be cool if you also made the option for all the PS3 owners to add their gamer tags too.

I noticed you have an option to add your xbox live gamer tag. I think it would be cool if you also made the option for all the PS3 owners to add their gamer tags too.

I don't think Viper wants to write code just for three people :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.