Forum Suggestions / Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never heard of that before, but Wikipedia just enlightened me. I'll have a look, thanks! :dance:

Small forum bug to report here:

Certain PM's from prior to October 2006 have decided to make themselves "new" again and as a result, I have 89 "UNREAD" emails, lol. No biggie - its just that I have to check them as "marked as read" now...

Anyone else have a similar issue?

Me too, but only 3.

Weird.

^HA!

I was wondering why i had so many. i got all excited too till i found they were all old

Just got a new monitor, and running 1680x1050 I get these lines in the headers for the forums.
hmmm.jpg

eurch, there's too many subforums imo, regular forums in categories are better imo.

Like all subjects, if enough threads show up on the subject, I'll make one, but there's not enough now to warrant one (and no, that's not an invitation to go make a dozen).

Just stick them in the technology section for now.

Im not sure if this is the troubleshooting thread or not, but I cant seem to get any replies to post to another thread. Ive tested in the testing area and had no problems

Im not sure if this is the troubleshooting thread or not, but I cant seem to get any replies to post to another thread. Ive tested in the testing area and had no problems
What do you mean?

Posts from new users containing key words are sent to moderation until a moderator/administrator approve the post. It prevents spam.

Ah, yeah.

Ah, yeah. It says when your post/thread goes into moderation, but I set the auto-redirect really short, so many users miss it. Oh well.

I'd like to make a suggestion...but a few may not like it.

How about the admin get rid of the user signatures and graphics. It takes a while to scroll through the content of a thread and it is distracting, especially when most users only reply a sentence worth. There are a few other local car forums I visit that don't have signatures like that, so I may be biased.

But I think it would improve overall content and relevance to threads, and cut down their length in a third. I also end up waiting on something for 10 minutes a day, 4 or 5 times. In this time I like to use my Blackberry and catch up on news, forums etc, but I wouldn't dare look at this site because the content is so spread out and slow loading. Lets cut the fat?

In the user control panel, there is a setting to disable signatures+avatars.

Status
Not open for further replies.