Forum Suggestions / Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way to set the signatures to only show up in the first post per thread, I know if seen this option on other forums? I like the signatures but one for each post is a bit overkill

First post per user?

Either way, no. It's all or none. ;)

Im just wondering how long a user is "inactive" before they are automaticly signed out. Because every 5 mins or so, I have to log in again because i get signed out for some reason

Umm, click the "remember me?" box? And if you don't click the box, your cookie will expire after 15 minutes.

oh ok kewl

cheers

may i suggest(just having seen the physics help threat in OT) a stickied homework/study helper thread? cuz Q&A is used mostly fer auto and PC related but what if someone needs help w/ an idea or a physics problem. sort of like OT for Q&A

We have a ton of stickies as it is. I don't see enough of a demand for a sticky.

A regular thread will do.

Can we have a "legacy" section built up of all the greatest threads in finalgear history?

I don't see a reason to have one honestly.

I think some thread like "What do you think the best forum threads are?" would be better.

This might be more of a "site suggestion" but the FinalGear image at the top of the forum... could it perhaps be changed to link back to the main site, rather than just the front forum page?

I could have sworn at one point in history it did that.

This might be more of a "site suggestion" but the FinalGear image at the top of the forum... could it perhaps be changed to link back to the main site, rather than just the front forum page?

I could have sworn at one point in history it did that.

No and it never did. Use the link on the forum home (at the top) or at the bottom of every page to go back to the main site. ;)

Videography forum? We have a photography one already. This forum is about tv shows after all. Even if it's not a busy section, I'd like a place to put my work. I'm sure many others want to do the same.

Videography forum? We have a photography one already. This forum is about tv shows after all. Even if it's not a busy section, I'd like a place to put my work. I'm sure many others want to do the same.

For now, I invite you to post it in the Photography section, since that's the closest thing we have. I haven't seen much interest in videography here, TBH.

There isn't enough interest / demand to warrant a whole new section (it'd have like 2 threads in it). Just stick it in Photography.

Hope this is the right place to post.

Just curious to know why the active users online at the bottom of the forums index page is no longer in alphabetical order.

I changed it to random to cut a bit of server load earlier this month. I never changed it back as I didn't think it was a big deal.

But with us being on Titan now, I'll put it back to alphabetical. :)

^ Cheers, Its easier to see whos online then :)

My suggestion comes a bit late, but when you switched servers, you should have embedded a RickRoll into the "we're switching servers!' page.

I mean, that was golden opportunity to rickroll a whole forum.

A what? And the forums were only down long enough to dump the DB off the old server, import it into the new one, and move the IP address off the old server and onto the new one (had some trouble with that). It wasn't down long at all.

EDIT: Ah -> http://wiki.ytmnd.com/Rickroll :lol:

Something is up with posting replies with BBcode tags as the first line.. it causes the page to sit and wait for data rather than loading the topic again.

The posts do show up.. working on it now, so we are aware of that stupid issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.