Forum Suggestions/Issues

c-c-c-c-cocobreaker!

1642590927610.png

What could be causing this sort of issue? It's been like that for all embedded YouTube links on the forum, for the past couple of days. I'm using Firefox 96.0.1 with uBlock Origin and Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

View attachment 3563749

What could be causing this sort of issue? It's been like that for all embedded YouTube links on the forum, for the past couple of days. I'm using Firefox 96.0.1 with uBlock Origin and Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
Using pihole or any other DNS blocker? The embeds are set to use the no-tracking version of youtube.

Turns out it was OpenDNS that I installed to block certain websites (which, BTW, it does NOT block) which was causing problems.

Thanks! It took me a while to even remember I had a DNS blocker set up.

Sorry if this has been mentioned and explained already, but I can't seem to edit my older posts. I did manage to edit my new post, but when it comes to anything older than a couple of minutes, I'm SOL.

That's probably a feature. Editing posts is for correcting spelling and such, perhaps add a thought shortly after posting, but not for altering the content of your post long after people have read it and further discussion has built upon it.

That's probably a feature. Editing posts is for correcting spelling and such, perhaps add a thought shortly after posting, but not for altering the content of your post long after people have read it and further discussion has built upon it.
I think the main reason for the edit timeout being introduced was bots creating harmless one-liner posts and then, days later, returning to edit them with the actual spam load.

Sorry if this has been mentioned and explained already, but I can't seem to edit my older posts. I did manage to edit my new post, but when it comes to anything older than a couple of minutes, I'm SOL.
240 minute limit on editing posts for registered members. Not sure where that specific number came from...
Yes, this stops the infamous Level "edit all my previous posts" issue. However it does impact those that want to update their top-level thread posts. The exceptions to this is the WTS threads, and the Donor group (they can sorta-kinda be trusted. I think. :unsure:).
I think the main reason for the edit timeout being introduced was bots creating harmless one-liner posts and then, days later, returning to edit them with the actual spam load.
Also this. Make a couple real posts, then go back and introduce spam/shit/malicious messages. All new accounts are under manual admin approval, but sometimes they get through. We have several required fields to be entered, and if it looks legit-ish, it gets approved..... however it doesn't stop them from editing their profiles with spam afterwards (however it does throw an alert to us).

1648511082757.png

This seems to be back again. Just had it posting in the Wordle thread (and while posting this), but my reply did go through.

Meanwhile in iOS safari world, I haven’t noticed that. @Matt2000 when did this start?

Meanwhile in iOS safari world, I haven’t noticed that. @Matt2000 when did this start?
I noticed it about 24 hours ago while trying to leave a reaction on a post, in Chrome on iOS. Chrome on PC was doing it last night. Not tried Safari, I never use it.

Chrome on Debian Linux is also sometimes causing the errors, both for posting and for reactions.

Probably a Chrome issue then. I've updated it on my PC, let's see what happens. EDIT: didn't show an error this time.

It's a server issue; push notifications are disabled due to a PHP upgrade that neutered a needed extension.. the errors were due to xenforo attempting to activate a notice to someone in the thread and failing.

Imageshack added to the url filter due to them redirecting everything to a giant fuckin banner.

Am I right in thinking the system sending out subscribed thread notifications may have got a bit backed up? I got two emails this morning notifying me of replies that were posted on Sunday, I suspect there is one more in the queue.

Not a problem as such, I forgot I was even subbed to the thread, but thought it was worth mentioning.

Edit: As predicted, the third notification from Sunday just came through. :p

Last edited:
Could at least be an option? :D

Reactions: lip