Forum Suggestions/Issues

I rebooted the sql instance and upgraded the memory size- let me know if it continues.

I'm afraid it happened again, 18:22h CEST (4:22pm UTC). :sad:

Service unavailable a 08:02 GMT. I didn't click anything unusual I swear. :LOL:

Edit: By coincidence I tried to refresh at the same time on Thurs 20th and got the same error.

Last edited:
The logs are entirely useless, so I'm randomly poking at things. Is it a continual, or down to "random but infrequent"?

That’s the first time I’ve seen it happen twice at the same times, I’ll try to remember to try it at the same time on Monday.

It's possible that if its down to one specific timeframe, it may be an automatic database backup causing table locks in mysql. I don't have our incremental/full dumps scheduled for that time tho..

I actually forgot and just tried to refresh the home page by chance, it did the same thing at the same time.

I filed a support ticket with the hosting company, these seem to be routine.

I'm going to also add to the forum issues:

@thomas your signature photo is out of date, as well as the ringmeet thread by TWO YEARS. bro, get with it.

So the answer is yes, it is the automated backup processes by the host doing full table locks. Still working out an adjustment to see if they can move it to a non-busy(lol) time.

@thomas your signature photo is out of date, as well as the ringmeet thread by TWO YEARS. bro, get with it.

And your avatar is out-of-date as well :tease:

Let’s go with something super unimportant for a change! On safari (iOS) I can’t react with the poop emoji anymore. Just doesn’t do anything 🤷‍♂️ other reaction emoji still seem work.

Edit: damn it man! 💩
Edit 2: maybe it’s because it’s the only emoji in the second row? 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
about 15 minutes ago, (10:05AM central euro time), I received a "service unavailable" error. :(

poking the bear, I see, hahahahahaha

10 minutes ago (at 21:14h CET) I received the message "An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later." as I tried to access the forums. :(

I just got a 503 error, at around 9:05 AM GMT/UTC
A few refreshes fixed it.

Tried making a new thread in the Technology sub-forum, tried uploading 2 photos. The question was about as long as what I've just written and yet I got an error that the post contents was too long and I need to shorten it.