Forum Suggestions/Issues

Quiky

Beep Boop I'm a Robot
STAFF MEMBER
And in the trademarked FinalGear Continual Improvement and Additions of Features Nobody Has Asked for or Wanted (tm)(c)(r), there are more useless reactions. Feel free to give the gift mind blowing, shit posting, and wizardry to your loved ones this COVID-holiday season.

Alasondro Alegré

DONOR
Just wondering if anything can be done to fix the pictures in this post. I mean, it's just unfortunate that the pictures in the thread's opening post made the transition, but those other ones didn't.

RdKetchup

Snow Mexican Surender Monkey
DONOR
Car(s)
FoRS, Japanese touring triple
Just wondering if anything can be done to fix the pictures in this post. I mean, it's just unfortunate that the pictures in the thread's opening post made the transition, but those other ones didn't.
You can edit the post, and since there are quite a lot of pictures, the easiest way would be to do cut and paste of the whole source of your post into a text editor (I recommend notepad++) , and do a replace all of :
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"
by [img ] (no space after img)
\
by blank, and
"}[/IMG2]
by [/img ] (no space after img)

Last edited:

Eye-Q

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
None anymore...
There surely is a way to redirect HTTP requests to HTTPS, right? :) Currently if you open forums.finalgear.com without HTTPS as prefix it stays unencrypted, it would be good to redirect those requests to the (existing) SSL encrypted URL.

Quiky

Beep Boop I'm a Robot
STAFF MEMBER
There surely is a way to redirect HTTP requests to HTTPS, right? :) Currently if you open forums.finalgear.com without HTTPS as prefix it stays unencrypted, it would be good to redirect those requests to the (existing) SSL encrypted URL.
There's a redirect bug, I'll see if I can get it working correctly.

Eye-Q

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
None anymore...
I don't know if you already did something, but it's working now, at least in Firefox 75.0, IE 11 and Edge. :)

Quiky

Beep Boop I'm a Robot
STAFF MEMBER
I don't know if you already did something, but it's working now, at least in Firefox 75.0, IE 11 and Edge. :)
Temporarily enabled domain enforcement on the forum software. If the domain/dns goes out it will unfortunately lock out the backup domains. Working on a way to exempt the .co from forced redirect.

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
‘18 VW Golf GTI, '87 Mercury Colony Park
So here's a complaint with little to no information. The past few days I've been getting 503 gateway errors sporadically. Sometimes very slow reload times as well which seem to trigger the 503 error sometimes. I have Firefox 77.0.1 with uBlock Origin running on Windows 10. Most recent updates I'm seeing are from October through March 27 with a single update on June 8 being KB4552931. I have NFI if any of this will help.

Quiky

Beep Boop I'm a Robot
STAFF MEMBER
So here's a complaint with little to no information. The past few days I've been getting 503 gateway errors sporadically. Sometimes very slow reload times as well which seem to trigger the 503 error sometimes. I have Firefox 77.0.1 with uBlock Origin running on Windows 10. Most recent updates I'm seeing are from October through March 27 with a single update on June 8 being KB4552931. I have NFI if any of this will help.
Can you log the time when you are having the issue so I can narrow it down? Thanks!

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
‘18 VW Golf GTI, '87 Mercury Colony Park

ninjacoco

puffalump? inquire here!
Car(s)
'10 Lulzcer GTS, '84 Porschelump 944, '71 VW 411
Virtual host decided to delete it's own network config. YAY COMPUTERS.
Aha! It's back! Thanks.

(Also, how do I get an imgear.eu for future shenanigans?)

DaBoom

Worlds fastest Amish
DONOR
Car(s)
Various BMWs, a Swift cabrio, Benelli TreK
That was tried initially, but random accounts started appearing within days iirc.

thomas

Grouchy Beemer Owner
STAFF MEMBER
DONOR
Car(s)
'00 M539, '94 Cadillac Fleetwood, '19 Focus Wagon
Can you log the time when you are having the issue so I can narrow it down? Thanks!
Just had the first 503 in a long time myself. Somewhere between 3:50-3:57 PM CEST (refreshed and turned away for something), W10/Chrome latest. Just refreshed the main page.