Forum Suggestions/Issues

Thanks for this thread. :)

I have two issues:
  1. New posts in NSFW don't show up in the global "new posts" search even though I've opted into that forum. I don't know if that is a general problem with opt-in subforums or a special NSFW one. In contrast, post in the Political forum show up.
  2. I'm coming across page load errors quite often (I think HTTP 500, but right now I can't exactly recall), both when clicking on search or when clicking on threads or "ggo to first new posts" links. Reloading the page always works.

Thanks for this thread. :)

I have two issues:
  1. New posts in NSFW don't show up in the global "new posts" search even though I've opted into that forum. I don't know if that is a general problem with opt-in subforums or a special NSFW one. In contrast, post in the Political forum show up.
  2. I'm coming across page load errors quite often (I think HTTP 500, but right now I can't exactly recall), both when clicking on search or when clicking on threads or "ggo to first new posts" links. Reloading the page always works.
First, that appears to be intentionally disable-- if we enable it, it would impact everyone subscribed. I'd like to get a vote from others to see if this would be a major impact to their use of the forum before enabling it.
1586895007860.png

2: Do you know of a time when those are being encountered? If it's a specific time of day, that may be during the automated backup process. If it's all times, I'll need to dig through the server logs.

re 1: Fair enough. :)
re 2: No, it's completely random as far as I can see. Obviously, more towards the evening in European time as that's when I most use the forum.

Server shows routine errors at 1326-1345 UTC the past several days, but it's vague. Script ended before headers, but no further details. I'll enable more verbose logging to find out more.

How difficult would it be to have games again?
Like we had Trampoline Tricks, etc?

I wasted so much time on those when I was 17.

2: Do you know of a time when those are being encountered? If it's a specific time of day, that may be during the automated backup process. If it's all times, I'll need to dig through the server logs.
JUST NOW (UTC 19:25:... to 19:26:..) I had it twice. Firefox just says "connection failed" or something (actually "Verbindung fehlgeschlagen", I don't know what an English-language Firefox would say).

Oof, digging into the archives of old features here! That appears to be v3Arcade, which was all flash based (depreciated). I'm not finding anything that is compatible with XF2, but I'll keep looking into this.

JUST NOW (UTC 19:25:... to 19:26:..) I had it twice. Firefox just says "connection failed" or something (actually "Verbindung fehlgeschlagen", I don't know what an English-language Firefox would say).
That would be something I can't trace-- if it doesn't establish a connection to the server, I won't see it in an error log.

NSFW This is the ONLY place NSFW material is allowed here/

This is of little importance, but as long as I noticed it the other day. Looks like that "/" could be a typo.
Adjusted!

Didn't Adrian also say the other day in Telegram that some of the special characters in international languages, diacritics, and such as used in place names and the like are not showing up correctly on the forums? I think Thomas was looking into it, but it should probably be mentioned here too/

Didn't Adrian also say the other day in Telegram that some of the special characters in international languages, diacritics, and such as used in place names and the like are not showing up correctly on the forums? I think Thomas was looking into it, but it should probably be mentioned here too/
We've gone through several database conversions and forum software changes, some older posts might not be properly encoded or showing. New posts do work properly-- I remember this being a painful vBulletin bug that took ages to sort out. I'll look into what can be done for previous post text restoration.

Oof, digging into the archives of old features here! That appears to be v3Arcade, which was all flash based (depreciated). I'm not finding anything that is compatible with XF2, but I'll keep looking into this.
Thanks!

It's not a huge deal, more of a curiosity.

Forums will be offline tomorrow 4/21 around 02:00 UTC for a quick version patch. Expect downtime of 10 minutes.

Edit; And it's all done.

8UmhPR3.gif

I gotta say I'm liking the updates - it's never been easier to create a new post. :)