Forum Suggestions/Issues

I bring it up and it doesn't happen for a while, now it does. I just noticed around 8:57AM CST trying to click the "whats new" link, I got a 503 error.
Looks like that happens with PHP times out on a long SQL query. Unfortunately there isn't much I can do on that apart from spend texas$ on a VPS or dedicated SQL instance. If it becomes more frequent I can request the database be transferred to another server.

503 this morning around 8:55AM CST.

It occurred to me that there is no way to "retire" threads in the Post Your Car section once the owner updates with it's sale, or demise.
Some kind of edit in the title like the [ownership verified] tag, perhaps. I know they just sort of drop off and are replaced by new threads for the new purchases, but for newbs or just those browsing who might have questions about a similar car they own or whatever, it'd be a quick way to know that the car is no longer a going concern.

Just a thought.

(and no, I have no plans to part with the XR6)

It occurred to me that there is no way to "retire" threads in the Post Your Car section once the owner updates with it's sale, or demise.
Some kind of edit in the title like the [ownership verified] tag, perhaps. I know they just sort of drop off and are replaced by new threads for the new purchases, but for newbs or just those browsing who might have questions about a similar car they own or whatever, it'd be a quick way to know that the car is no longer a going concern.

Just a thought.

(and no, I have no plans to part with the XR6)
That's an easy addition- any suggestions on the name of the new prefix?

“No Longer Owned” perhaps?

"Gone but not forgotten"

4467cb4933be1bbc1576ca1e98da8969.jpg

"Someone else's problem."

Added! Thread starters can edit their own thread to be unverified or sold.
How does that work? I tried editing my Beetle's thread, only can change the title. Tried editing the first post, can only change the content.

How does that work? I tried editing my Beetle's thread, only can change the title. Tried editing the first post, can only change the content.
Refresh the page, try editing title again. Not sure if there is an option marked "edit thread" next to the watch button? I've enabled a few extra permissions for thread owners in that section.