Forum-wide survey: How oomphy is your ride?

Oh dear!

Well, NotLaw's Chevy K5 Blazer is still in last place. But just barely.
Better power to weight ratio than a turbo Porsche!

Just added you. I'd also need the torque figure and whether you've put up a thread about it or not.

Here's an idea that was put forth: Should we add an average fuel consumption column and do a power/weight/fuel consumption figure for the ultimate measure of e-manliness?

yes! Only because I'd be good at that particular statistic (unless you're going for most fuel used, in which case I'd be rubbish)
Also I've just noticed if it weren't for a Lotus, Donkervoort, and some old cars, I'd be the lightest one on FG! If you take modern (2000 - present) I'm the lightest car of all!

I'm good at SOMETHING!

Here's an idea that was put forth: Should we add an average fuel consumption column and do a power/weight/fuel consumption figure for the ultimate measure of e-manliness?

Currently 7.66l/100km for the Eos, 0.16l/100km above the NEDC figure.

Ok, added the columns. The formula is: power/weight/consumption (kW/metric tonnes/litres per 100km). That way we're still going for the highest number.

Preferably measured, if you have access to those figures.

Good. How about going by energy content rather than litres to even out the diseasels? (Correction factor ~1.1243)

I'd propose a contender for the bottom, The Doctor at about nineteen :beer:

Last edited:
And I suppose you have the caloric value of all the applicable fuels at hand? :p

And I suppose you have the caloric value of all the applicable fuels at hand? :p

Of course. 8.77kWh/l of E5 95 octane, 9.86kWh/l of diseasel.

I don't have useful measured values for the HR342, official numbers at reasonable speed are about 0.3 litres per nautical mile, or about 16.2l/100km of diesel.

Well, even taking that into account, I'm still ahead of you. :p

As long as a formula is factoring in weight as a negative thing then beating a heavy metal convertible is not that hard :dunno:

You can add the Octavia's 6.88l/100km of E5 as well.

The HR342 should come out at about 0.2 :lmao:

Last edited:
Unfortunately the Blizzard won't be seeing any measured fuel economy figures until I find a mechanic that actually works on the vehicles that you leave with him. RX-8 I will take a measurement next fillup, it's been a while and my commute is more mixed than it used to be.

I also think that the agricultural stigma diesel has balances out the higher caloric value. :p

14.9 (miles / US gallon) = 15.7862136 liters / (100 kilometers)

That's my overall average for the 28775 miles I've driven it. It'd be way, way more consumption if it weren't for all the road trips I do where I get high teens.

Last edited: