Forums have been upgraded to vBulletin 5

altoid;n3544506 said:
For what it?s worth, there?s now a mobile theme that works reasonably well.

Funny how that works.... I can't stand the new mobile theme. I really wish there was a way to opt out. It makes FG literally unusable on my phone for me.

It probably would work better if I had a bigger screened phone. As I type, the text box is partially cut off from view.

I'm still just using the desktop request function on the phone and zoom in where needed. Works much better for me than the actual mobile thing.

Ok, I need to rephrase that. It works just fine, I just don't like it at all. To me it is much less usable than the desktop version.

bone;n3544355 said:
you're not the only one, before the update i could come here and have 30-40 updated threads
now i'm lucky if there are 5

this forum is as good as dead...

It's not much fun to browse a forum that takes 10 seconds to load a page.

The forum has been really slow to load since the upgrade, regardless of the platform I am accessing it from.

thomas;n3544563 said:
I'm still just using the desktop request function on the phone and zoom in where needed. Works much better for me than the actual mobile thing.

Doesn't work on my phone. Just redirects me back to the mobile version.

EFxuzgu.png

Is it just me or did the thread listing lose page number links? Could've sworn we had those last week.

Nope, never had it with vB5. I am pretty sure it was mentioned very early in this thread. I just cba to look for it - takes too long ;)

thomas;n3544711 said:
Nope, never had it with vB5. I am pretty sure it was mentioned very early in this thread. I just cba to look for it - takes too long ;)

Hmmm. Pretty sure there used to be a button to the right of the timestamp that looked like ">>" that was white on blue. I know I clicked it at least once or twice.

EDIT: It is there, but only on mobile :?

altoid;n3544717 said:
hIyFC2W.png

"-1 others" :lol:

Also, I can't see that thread because of permissions, apparently.

I posted something then deleted it because it was dumb. The forum apparently couldn't handle the deleted post. If you go to the thread from my signature link or the regular thread listing, it works fine, but for whatever reason it doesn't work from the subscription screen.... because -1 people have posted in the thread I guess.....

CrzRsn;n3544722 said:
I posted something then deleted it because it was dumb. The forum apparently couldn't handle the deleted post. If you go to the thread from my signature link or the regular thread listing, it works fine, but for whatever reason it doesn't work from the subscription screen.... because -1 people have posted in the thread I guess.....

thomas;n3544726 said:
Posted something, did that fix it?

Now it says 1 others, but the link is still broken. And I don't see any signatures. :lol:

CrzRsn;n3544501 said:
Looks like character encoding is messed up again.

Okay, I undid my changes. :(

is there any way to set it so that when you change to another page it doesnt start from the bottom and scroll to the top but starts from the top of page right away?
is there any way to set it so that you can change more than 1 page by clicking like in the previous version?