Forums have been upgraded to vBulletin 5

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
The forums have been upgraded to the latest version of vBulletin. Please report any issues related to the upgrade in this thread. Thanks!

Known issues:

* Avatars aren't working. They aren't lost, but I'm not sure why they aren't being used.
* Foums might be slow. This is due to me rebuilding the search index,

Last edited:
Report: FinalGear specific header/footer images are not present - only generic vBulletin images.

It seems to take a very long time to load the new Message Center.

Feature request/reports:
- Like button is back :(
- Rep system is gone
- Share/tweet buttons per post are useless and gross
- Themes seem to be gone
- Smiley/Emojis broken
- Tagging function is useless

Last edited:
Spectre;n3541401 said:
It seems to take a very long time to load the new Message Center.

The whole forum is very slow for me right now.

They aren't lost, but I'm not sure why they aren't being used.

Typically that sort of thing can be many things:
1. Server conf file got changed so the webserver doesn't see the directory anymore (e.g. server homedirectory changed or something like that)
2. Ownership or permissions of the directory got changed so the webserver refuses to serve anything in it
3. Custom emotes no longer loaded into the forum app
4. Difference of interpretation of some setting or permission between old version and new version of whatever you upgraded (pray that it's not caused by this...)

Bug report: I just had a minor heart attack, but after reading this, I'm now on the mend.

Thanks for your continued efforts to keep FG running and up to date!

- comment automerge doesn't work because of 15 seconds per post "postfloodcheck" rule ( Not sure if you want to keep that feature, but i would like see a bit lower time restricition between post - more like 5/6 seconds insted of 15).
- emoticons are still vanished if being used directly before or after an Quote wrapper. (Was already broken with the old version)
- video tag makes a very tiny video window.
- image autoresize seems kinda to work, large images get resized to the comments box width.

- feature request:

It would be great to have an "Subscription" button on the top next to the "Notifications" one. It should point to the Message Center -> Subscriptions -> Posts . Like the old Usercp page on the old forums.

- I also get sometimes very long load times or 502 errors when loading the Message Center. The same with user settings. However forum itself loads just fine ?

Last edited:
calvinhobbes;n3541406 said:
This. : - )

Bug reports:
- it seems the antispam- and antibot-protection doesn't work anymore, I've seen multiple spam posts (who here is interested in buying a japanese car in Pakistan?)
- Smileys don't work (at least in Firefox 57.0) - Neither : ) (without space) nor the button for the "Smile" smiley produces a smiley in the post. Even : - ) (without spaces) produces just a blank space.

Feature requests:
- Please bring back the 24-hour time format - Most of the world is used to the 24-hour time format ; - )

1) I'm completely lost with the classic vbulletin theme.
2) my subscriptions takes forfuckingever to load.
3) GO TO POST link in latest activity goes to OP instead of first unread post (works in my subscriptions)
4) Switching between latest forums / latest activity / my subscriptions is done in-line instead of via new page, so you can't use back/forward buttons. I hate it.

I can see there is going to be a lot to get used to and of course there are going to be some bugs to iron out but hopefully that won't take too long and more importantly that the new style doesn't put people off.

Maybe part of the theme issue, but I can?t get the desktop site on my phone.

Noticed I could see signatures when not logged in, but as soon as I login they are gone.

Also can't login on Tapatalk. Get a network error message.

I'm not familiar with VBulletin, but I know the pain that comes from upgrading phpBB. So I wish you luck with the upgrades Viper!

Not a bug, but there's no current way to turn off ALL notifications of replies, as much as anyone else would want it, i think a lot of people would rather have it off than come to 1000 notifications eventually. Also another vote for a dark theme and a "new posts" or ispy button would be awesome

calvinhobbes;n3541406 said:

So much this.

prizrak;n3541429 said:
Theme makes my face hurt.

^ This 1,000,000%. It is making my eyes hurt looking at this horrendous theme. Plus it just doesn't feel better in any way over the previous version. I hope there was a specific security reason for the update because this feels inferior. :( I hate technology and software constantly changing things just to change them. There was nothing wrong with the previous forum UI, vBulletin should of left it be.