Forums have been upgraded to vBulletin 5

I'm getting notifications about people posting in threads I've never even read. Tried clearing them, and get an error message or a blank page.

IceBone;n3541474 said:
Found a theme that might server our purposes: http://preview.themeforest.net/item/...review/8927184

This one is very close to what we used to have. http://www.vbstyles.com/redfox-5x-vb...plate-i53.html

I'd be be open to pitching in to help purchase it.

Also found one more social media interaction I don't think we need. The "Like" button at the bottom of every post. Not sure if that's linked to Facebook or anything, but seems unnecessary.

EDIT: This one isn't bad, though the main body might be too light. https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=296914

Last edited:
Yeah, seems fine. I un-followed FinaGear forums, searched for it in Tapatalk, re-followed, and sign in worked. Pages came up as before.

Misrabelle;n3541478 said:
I'm getting notifications about people posting in threads I've never even read. Tried clearing them, and get an error message or a blank page.

I started getting emailed notifications a couple a days ago about threads I was quoted in. Could be tapatalk...

Last edited:
In theory, I've fixed the db crash issues. I'll be monitoring to make sure.

This morning I was able to login with Tapatalk. But I am still getting server errors in Tapatalk when trying to access a thread. I can access this thread in Tapatalk but no other threads that I have tried. Posting this from the webpage.

The server error I get is "1 Allowed memory size of 2684435456 bytes exhausted ..."

I wasn't able to login yesterday at all. But thanks for your work to upgrade the forums. Now I understand why I couldn't log in.

Edit: Now I have been able to access a couple of threads in Tapatalk, but still mostly the memory error.

Last edited:
Last edited:
The super big epic threads load for me as only being 25 pages long, and usually to some random date. Took 3 refreshes to get Random Thoughts to load, and then be able to select page 6144, which is the only way I could get to the end, despite clicking Latest activity.

The popular random thoughts (Auto, tech, and normal) don?t load in Tapatalk where they used to before the upgrade. Also, I?m not longer seeing the latest post in the short description in the app. I have no idea if that?s something on our end or tapatalk.

93Flareside;n3541507 said:
The popular random thoughts (Auto, tech, and normal) don?t load in Tapatalk where they used to before the upgrade. Also, I?m not longer seeing the latest post in the short description in the app. I have no idea if that?s something on our end or tapatalk.

Looks like it is the big threads I have problems with in Tapatalk as well. Do you get the memory error?

Same for me with the short description in the app. Works for me with other forums so I think it might be something with this forum after the upgrade.

LeVeL;n3541509 said:
I finally figured out how to go to the last post of a thread but is there a way to go to the last page instead? Currently I go to the last post and have to scroll all the way up to figure out if I had started reading that page before.

The only way I have found to go to the last page is to enter the number of the last page in the box for the current page and pressing enter.

Edit: At the bottom of the page there is a button for the last page.

Last edited:
i miss the userCP!
i'm drowning right now...

also...how do you sort latest activity? they're not sorted on date right now...

Last edited:
Threads you're subscribed to are now in "MY SUBSCRIPTIONS" near the top of the page. Takes forever to load and you'll have to go into user settings/notifications and re-enable subscribe on posting, otherwise any thread you've posted since the upgrade will be missing from there. This would be the new user CP.

If you go to newest activity and on the right hit filters --> turn new topics to off, that's the equivalent of New Posts.

Last edited:
thomas;n3541525 said:
I can report full width scaling is at least in effect! Progress! I like it! :D

Now we just need a new theme that doesn't look like ass.