Forums have been upgraded to vBulletin 5

There's some somewhat spammy looking posts that have appeared on the front page - maybe hacked database inserts?

Clicking on any of them gets me this:

So, I noticed 3 things so far that bug me:
1) There is no option when browsing the threads list to go directly to the last page of the thread, there used to be.
2) The above issue means that you have to open the thread and go to the last page, that is fine - But the only way to do that is either at the top type the number and press the go button or two, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the last page number. This last page number used to be at the top and bottom of the thread, now it is just at the bottom. Annoying :)
3) I get daily emails with a list of replies in the last day, it used to be the case that each reply had a link to the exact post in the thread like this:

And now all I get is a link to the thread like this:

Also very annoying.

Ooh. Some user pictures are back....

Spectre;n3541578 said:
There's some somewhat spammy looking posts that have appeared on the front page - maybe hacked database inserts?

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/www.supermotors.net\/getfile\/1125380\/screenshot20171206at01.42.03.jpg"}[/IMG2]

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/www.supermotors.net\/getfile\/1125378\/screenshot20171206at01.41.52.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Clicking on any of them gets me this:
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/www.supermotors.net\/getfile\/1125379\/screenshot20171206at01.42.19.jpg"}[/IMG2]

I'd say they were probably deleted at the time of the original post. There was an earlier problem with some spam posts constantly refreshing, and they might have been those posts that have somehow re-appeared.

Last edited:
I think a lot of the frustration right now would be solved if the performance issue was fixed. Waiting 30-60 seconds to read notifications or open the my subscriptions page is annoying to say the least.

Not sure if reported already but it seems to have made tapatalk not work very well

Not sure why, but it doesn't show my sig anymore. I am pretty sure it did that earlier, but now I don't seem to post with a sig while it is still being shown correctly in my settings?

thomas;n3541607 said:
Not sure why, but it doesn't show my sig anymore. I am pretty sure it did that earlier, but now I don't seem to post with a sig while it is still being shown correctly in my settings?

I can still see it.

I do see your sig, but it seems the default setting for "Show Signatures" is off (see this post).

[edit]
Ah, now I see what you mean: after I posted this I looked at my post and my sig didn't show up. After reloading the page the sig shows up. That might be the reason why you think that you're posting without sig.
[/edit]

Last edited:
Thanks for all the work you put in, Viper. :)

There's one feature I sorely muss though: The "new posts" search function. Using "latest activity" is next to useless compared to that, because it doesn't have a "go to first unread post" link for the threads shown. Going to the end to the thread is pointless if you have several posts still unread.

I just added "New Posts" to the site navigation. I think I got the search parameters correct so that it'll show posts sorted by latest but let me know if something looks wrong with it.

Is it possible to get auto shrinking photos back at some point? Thanks!

Wz4jyvN.png

CrzRsn;n3541626 said:
Is it possible to get auto shrinking photos back at some point? Thanks!

They do auto "shrink", but only to the width of the post box. We could make the maximum width narrower if we want.

Viper007Bond;n3541629 said:
They do auto "shrink", but only to the width of the post box. We could make the maximum width narrower if we want.

I'm fine with the auto shrink. However, I've got some functional issues now.

1. I am limited to 1 character per private message. One character.

2. I can't post to the What's your latest [non-technology] purchase? thread - it just pops up a green box that says "Unapproved" and when the page is reloaded, there's nothing. Subsequent attempted posts yields the same thing.

3. The 'video' tag doesn't seem to be working for me.

DanRoM;n3541617 said:
Thanks for all the work you put in, Viper. :)

There's one feature I sorely muss though: The "new posts" search function. Using "latest activity" is next to useless compared to that, because it doesn't have a "go to first unread post" link for the threads shown. Going to the end to the thread is pointless if you have several posts still unread.

"New Topics" works equivalently to the old "what's new", in a sense that it shows the list of topics with new replies, and allows to go to the first unread post. Not sure if that's what you asked for, I don't remember if we had a "new posts" on vb4 even.

does anyone know how to change the theme? it's borderline seizure inducing.

Cellos88GT;n3541638 said:
does anyone know how to change the theme? it's borderline seizure inducing.

I can?t imagine it to be too difficult, but I?m sure Viper has more important things to take care of first as vB5 seems like it was released prematurely judging by our issues and the issues I found on a bunch of other forums when they upgraded.

Though when it does come time to change the theme, I'm still strongly in favor of this one http://www.vbstyles.com/redfox-5x-vbulletin-template-i53.html

Last edited:
Apple Maps was also released in 2012..... that went well.