Forums have been upgraded to vBulletin 5

Viper007Bond;n3541574 said:
Back-ish. I'm not sure that uploading works yet. Still poking at it.

I was able to upload my avatar, but not import from another website.

are there any stats and graphs about number of posts?

i think the upgrade changed so much, no one finds what he's looking for, and just goes to another site (i keep returning, but give up after 5 mins)
according to the new posts page, today has seen a massive 18 posts!

It also doesn't help that MySQL keeps crashing and taking down the site.

jIDIfPb.png

IceBone;n3541660 said:
Any closer to finding what the issue is?

For the database? Or something else? You guys have listed a lot of issues. :p

If the database, yes, it's memory issues. PC tweaked some stuff and it seems to be doing better now.

Viper007Bond;n3541619 said:
I just added "New Posts" to the site navigation. I think I got the search parameters correct so that it'll show posts sorted by latest but let me know if something looks wrong with it.
MXM;n3541637 said:
"New Topics" works equivalently to the old "what's new", in a sense that it shows the list of topics with new replies, and allows to go to the first unread post. Not sure if that's what you asked for, I don't remember if we had a "new posts" on vb4 even.
Yeah the "new topics" is what I was looking for. Thanks. :)

Now, multiquote would also be nice to have back. :)

(It must been a pain in the ass to keep track of all the issues without a proper ticket system....)

DanRoM;n3541663 said:
Now, multiquote would also be nice to have back. :)

Multi-quote is still here, it just works a bit differently. Click the Quote button in the bottom-right of a post and it'll take you to the post box at the bottom of the page. Note that it now says "Post Reply (1)" in the upper-left of the page.

Scroll back up and find some other posts to that you want to quote and click their Quote buttons. The count in the upper-left will increase. Click that button when you're ready to write your post and the quotes will be added o your post reply box.

Viper007Bond;n3541667 said:
Multi-quote is still here, it just works a bit differently. Click the Quote button in the bottom-right of a post and it'll take you to the post box at the bottom of the page. Note that it now says "Post Reply (1)" in the upper-left of the page.

Scroll back up and find some other posts to that you want to quote and click their Quote buttons. The count in the upper-left will increase. Click that button when you're ready to write your post and the quotes will be added o your post reply box.

Oh, I see the "Post Reply (2)" button now. Seems a bit weird that the first quote is automatically entered into the text box, but not any subsequent posts. I think people are complaining because they assume quotes #2, 3, etc will behave the same was as #1.

Viper007Bond;n3541662 said:
For the database? Or something else? You guys have listed a lot of issues. :p

If the database, yes, it's memory issues. PC tweaked some stuff and it seems to be doing better now.

Yeah. Pages seem to load quickly, but they still take 30 seconds to start responding to query.

I'm still rebuilding the search index so that could be slowing down the site. I'm at 650,000 out of I assume 2.5 million. It's doing less than 500 a minute and it didn't help that the database kept going down which would stall the process.

Viper, I am not seeing the latest post in Tapatalk?s little detail of each thread.

93Flareside;n3541677 said:
Viper, I am not seeing the latest post in Tapatalk?s little detail of each thread.

Not sure what to tell you. I downloaded the latest version of their plugin, uploaded it to the site, and called it a day. There's nothing really for me to configure.

Ok, no problem.

Viper007Bond;n3541676 said:
I'm still rebuilding the search index so that could be slowing down the site. I'm at 650,000 out of I assume 2.5 million. It's doing less than 500 a minute and it didn't help that the database kept going down which would stall the process.

So 3 more days! Holy fuck do we shitpost a lot.

Non-square avatars are not centered, they are drawn at the top of the avatar area. GRtak is an extreme exemple of that, it's also visible on CrzRsn and DanRom's avatars on this page.

Last edited:
RdKetchup;n3541690 said:
Non-square avatars are not centered, they are drawn at the top of the avatar area. Grtak is an extreme exemple of that, it's also visible on CrzRsn and DanRom's avatars on this page.

Easy: people need to fix their avatars .. get yer shit sorted folks :p

thomas;n3541693 said:
Easy: people need to fix their avatars .. get yer shit sorted folks :p

A Volvo wagon is hard to make square. I'll try something though.

CrzRsn;n3541714 said:
A Volvo wagon is hard to make square. I'll try something though.

of all cars, i think a volvo wagon would be the easiest :p

bone;n3541715 said:
of all cars, i think a volvo wagon would be the easiest :p

All squares are rectangles. Not all rectangles are squares.

Is it just me or are the avatars on the new forum TINY? I've tried two new ideas and both have been really hard to make out. Leaving it as it is now until I can figure out something better (or the size gets increased).

And just noticed the sidebar is missing cars and location.

vBulletin sadly sucks these days.
My first forums used it, and it was amazing, 3.8.4 was the best, but since 4.X it's gone downhill.

There is a reason why almost all vBulletin forums switched to XenForo, and I hope FG does as well.