Forums have been upgraded to vBulletin 5

Yes, offline during the migration to both make the process faster and to avoid any loss of posts. There's no exporting involved -- XenForo reads directly from the vBulletin database. The database is about 8GB though so it takes quite a while to iterate over each item and import it. We're talking over 50 million rows.

We can deal with theming after we switch. It's super easy to customize the colors in XenForo, or we can just get a custom theme.

Last edited:
Great to read that there is progress! Massive thanks for your hard work!

I don't know if it helps to report bugs with this current forum software anymore, but I stumbled upon a quite weird one: I made a new thread on "Post your car" section. However the thread is not visible on the list of topics on the said section, but it can be found if you type the title on the search box.

Last edited:
Man I am so glad this is moving forward, I was worried about this place to be honest, big kudos to all of you! I haven't checked in in awhile because frankly the whole vbulletinwhatever thing makes me foam at the mouth....

Anyway if you still need donations or if anything needs hitting with a hammer let me know.

Last edited:
I'm currently running a test import, so the forums may very well be slow for a while. Sorry!

Could not care less. Actually, I am happy to see that! Loving the progress! :) I know there is plenty of mods already, but I'll volunteer to help with the initial cleanup if you want me to. I'm not going to scan through all threads looking for inappropriate banter, but illI glady move stuff and clean things up and go through reported items as I do on my "xenforo recommendation donor" board ;)

Hooray! So happy theres a test! Echoing thomas, if you need any help, just let me know.

Same here.

Thanks Viper and all involved for your work! I'm sure it's thankless most of the time, but I certainly appreciate it.

Managed to fill up the server's hard drive and the import was still running after a full week. Fuck that.

I'll do the import locally and then upload it.

Still working on the import. There's a bug with importing avatars that XenForo is currently looking into.

I wouldn't want to speak for others but for me having to reset the avatar would be a very small inconvenience. I don't think I've said it yet but I also greatly appreciate all of the work you're putting in. :)

Yeah, no avatar on first visit would be a lesser nuisance than having to wait 3 minutes for the front page to open every time.

Turning avatars off is the second thing I do (after turning off signatures) whenever I register on a forum, so... :D

Screw avatars it is!

There is also currently a problem with the ssl certificate for the site. ATM i can only access the forums from my firefox F58 browser - Chrome will end up with 502 Bad Gateway. The details for the certificate show the start date for 05.05.2018 !

Bobele23;n3548241 said:
There is also currently a problem with the ssl certificate for the site. ATM i can only access the forums from my firefox F58 browser - Chrome will end up with 502 Bad Gateway. The details for the certificate show the start date for 05.05.2018 !

Hmm, works fine for me in Chrome:

r9Fp7K4.png

:)

Last edited: